Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY Social Justice Thread: R.I.P. George Floyd, Ahmaud Arbery, Breonna Taylor & now Tyre Nichols

SMDH.. Basically Eric Adams in a skirt…

People dislike tough on crime policies, but what exactly is the alternative in places where crime culture is deeply embedded. You can do something to solve the social-economic problems in the area, but wouldn't completely work. You have to break the negative culture to really do anything.

name is Glynn Simmons, and with the help of friends and family, I am managing this GoFundMe myself. I am the intended recipient of donations to my fund raiser, and I am grateful for every dollar. Thank you.

This is all new to me, as in July, I was released from prison after serving 48 years, 5 months and 13 days of wrongful incarceration for a crime I did not commit. The first two and a half years I was on death row.

On September 12, 2023, Oklahoma County District Attorney Vicki Behenn announced that they are dropping all of the charges against me. Here is a link to a recent news article about me and my case, from the the charges were dropped. Click here and here for some older news items from when I was first released.

My plan for how the donations will be spent? My friend, I have been in prison for nearly 50 years! I've got nothing and I am grateful for the support of relatives as I wait for the state of Oklahoma to compensate me for wrongly sending me to death row, where I was for 2.5 years. When that death penalty law was ruled unconstitutional, they changed my sentence to life. All for something I did not do.

I'm going to use these funds to live! I want to get my own place to live, clothes, furniture, transportation, food, plus medical needs, because I am currently undergoing chemotherapy for liver cancer. I'm 70 years old. I plan to use my remaining time to help others who are still stuck where I was. We need to fix this system so that what happened to me will never happen to anyone else, ever again!

How am I connected to my donors? I don't know most of you, but again and again I want you to know how grateful I am for each and every one of you. Thank you.

--Glynn Simmons

Back