Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY Social Justice Thread: R.I.P. George Floyd, Ahmaud Arbery, Breonna Taylor & now Tyre Nichols

Bad timing...its too emotional right now for this.

But he's absolutely right. These police unions show up at election time and when their contracts are negotiated. They pour massive amounts of money into political campaigns...both democrats and republicans are too happy to take the money.

You know the ads...usually some white women or little black girl that was murdered is used to blame the police reform candidate for being soft on crime. The candidate of their choosing gets in and returns the favor during negotiation time.

Black activists groups need to have the money, leadership to compete. Some of them are union members themselves and dont want to cross the picket line at all...even in regards to law enforcement.

Congress can pass a law to forbid law enforcement unions from making campaign contributions as part of a criminal justice reform package if im not mistaken. That needs to happen...with almost anything in politics...if you follow the money youll get to where the problem is.
They wanted to interrupt the budget meeting in LA that woulda gave cops their money. Saw it circulating yesterday but idk how successful they were.

Far as voting goes, any candidate that's endorsed by police/police union I automatically vote against them. Government protection is what's keeping these niggas from facing consequences.

Got on a meeting at work, meeting lead asked if its a good idea to go around the room and let people express their emotions about the protests.

I got off mute so quick. Was like no, i rather not bring politics to work. Everyone else stayed shut.

Like fam, I gotta work with all yall the next few months/years. I really aint trying to hear someone say some dumb shit, me check them, and then we cant work together no more.
My supe asked me if I was coming in today I told him fuck no.

But I'm not stupid so I called out sick to cover my ass lol

They burning shit up downtown..curfew in affect, bout to get real ugly in Charleston. These police already on some other shit on the daily, and the politics down here are crazy. They are definitely gonna put themselves on the summer jam screen

Back