Welcome To aBlackWeb

Snoop Dogg is ready to take on JAY-Z in a Verzuz battle

5 Grand

Old School Godfather
JAY-Z’s name has been thrown into the hypothetical Verzuz ring by a few potential competitors. The latest to step up to the plate is Snoop Dogg, who says if he’s going to virtually battle anybody, it should be the Brooklyn-born star.

“Biggie passed away, and then Nas had it for a minute, and then JAY-Z took it and ran with it for a numerous amount of years. And then 50 Cent came and ran with it for a numerous amount of years,” Snoop explained his reasoning during a chat with Fat Joe on Monday (May 11).

“This is me looking in from the outside, looking at New York rap,” he continued. “So, to me, it would be either a Snoop or a JAY-Z because he’s been the king of New York around the time I was the king of the west.”

I'm from the East coast so I'm bias but I think Jay Z has more records as far as quantity.

However, if we're just talking about Snoop's best 21 records against Jay's best 21 records Snoop could give Jay a run for his money.

Nah snoop gonna embarrass himself
nah he won't embarrass himself if he chooses the right tracks. Jay-Z's advantage is his features. I dunno if people really go "oh shit he's got a snoop feature? I gotta check that song out at the very least" with Snoop features the same way they do with Jay features.

nah he won't embarrass himself if he chooses the right tracks. Jay-Z's advantage is his features. I dunno if people really go "oh shit he's got a snoop feature? I gotta check that song out at the very least" with Snoop features the same way they do with Jay features.
He can win rounds with those Pac and Dre features

Nah not anymore, but they used to back in the day.

I remember how hyped I was when I saw snoop was on a track on wu tangs the "W" lol smh

snoop.png

But I think Jay got this, snoops biggest song is prolly drop it like its hot and its a feature with Pharrell.

Come to think of it, both of them used Pharrell alot during 02-04.

Last edited:
Nah not anymore, but they used to back in the day.

I remember how hyped I was when I saw snoop was on a track on wu tangs the "W" lol smh

View attachment 280377

But I think Jay got this, snoops biggest song is prolly drop it like its hot and its a feature with Pharrell.

Come to think of it, both of them used Pharrell alot during 02-04.

Gin & juice, g thang, still dre, what's my name, 2 of amerikkka most wanted, down for my niggas, etc.

Snoop could put up a battle

Gin & juice, g thang, still dre, what's my name, 2 of amerikkka most wanted, down for my niggas, etc.

Snoop could put up a battle
True, snoop death row and no limit run got some classic songs.

But after that its been a hit or miss here and there if he wasn't with Pharrell.

Jay got atleast 2-3 smash hits every album.

Smh @ the Jayengers. Snoop would win this. Snoop has more CLASSIC hit records.

Back