Welcome To aBlackWeb

MoeW

1706122594823.png

During the last desperate days of WWII, a solitary prospector (Jorma Tommila) crosses paths with Nazis on a scorched-earth retreat in northern Finland. When the Nazis steal his gold, they quickly discover that they have just tangled with no ordinary miner. While there is no direct translation for the Finnish word “sisu”, this legendary ex-commando will embody what sisu means: a white-knuckled form of courage and unimaginable determination in the face of overwhelming odds. And no matter what the Nazis throw at him, the one-man death squad will go to outrageous lengths to get his gold back – even if it means killing every last Nazi in his path.

Gold & Guns

Even though I saw the shock and awe screencap YouTube reactions to the trailer for Sisu I didn't want to know much about this movie before watching it. I wanted to be surprised and Sisu definitely serves up some shocking moments in its story about the last days of World War II, in which a solitary prospector crosses paths with Nazis on a scorched-earth retreat in northern Finland. When the soldiers decide to steal his gold, they quickly discover they just tangled with no ordinary miner.
I enjoyed watching the characters and their relentless determination even when it seemed they were painted into one bloody corner after another. Characters that should let their prey go but are so determined in their pursuit they are blinded to what is an unstoppable force their prey is.
As each action sequence set itself up I couldn't help but smile because I was anticipating how it would play out and the outcome so praise to Director and writer Jalmari Helander for putting it all together.
I liked the look of the film from its grit to scenic and fiery landscapes.
Some very good and unique kills throughout the film were riveting to watch. Hats off to actor Jorma Tommila as the laser focused Aatami Korpi.

PROBLEMS: There are several over the top and cartoonish moments that briefly took me out of the film. The Road Runner and Coyote have nothing on the characters in this film.
When all is said and done you will either embrace how over the top the movie becomes or write it off as a cartoonish action romp.

Scale of 1 to 10 a 7½

Watched it last night , it was ok but it had way to many unbelievable scenarios in the flick . One bullet to the head

Back