Welcome To aBlackWeb

Simulation in Real Life - You Mess with it? What's your take?

LUCIEN

I hate getting punched in the head
This might do better numbers in another subsection but I think the opinions of gamers will be more useful. Ive been really interested in simulated, immersive experiences in real life: escape rooms, war games, murder mysteries, mock trials, war reenactments, and stuff like that. I've never done anything like that other than Moot Court and Medieval Times. There is a lot of growth in that market in my area, so clearly people are into it. I think it is a really cool area of research for economic purposes, especially since the competition in the entertainment industry is fiercer than ever.

I would want to see a real life survivor kind of experience in action. Get a group of people to sign up, make em do challenges over the course of a weekend, winner gets a prize kind of deal.

American gladiator type obstacle courses have become really popular and I wouldn't mind trying that.

What are your guys' thoughts on it? What kind of stuff have you done and what kind of stuff do you think could be a good idea to try?

I did the Savage Race about 4 years ago..had a blast! It was tough and I picked up several scrapes and some pain in muscles I didn't know existed, but I enjoyed it and would do it again.

I've done an escape room recently with the wife. We both enjoyed it, however we didn't solve it in the allotted time. We were very close though. I don't think we ever would have figured out the part we got stuck at. We'll do another eventually...

Back