Welcome To aBlackWeb

MoeW

1712652662443.jpeg

From legendary director John Woo and the producer of John Wick comes this gritty revenge tale of a tormented father (Joel Kinnaman) who witnesses his young son die when caught in a gang’s crossfire on Christmas Eve. While recovering from a wound that costs him his voice, he makes vengeance his life’s mission and embarks on a punishing training regimen in order to avenge his son’s death.​

Last edited:
Silence and Violence

I have to give this movie points for trying something different in the revenge and avenge genre. The story is about A grieving father enacting his long-awaited revenge against a ruthless gang on Christmas Eve.The way this movie chooses its unique path calls upon Joel Kinnaman as Godlock to be very expressive and i think he did a very good job with that.
Director John Woo brings his signature style to a lot of the action sequences. I really enjoyed a standout action sequence that I thought was coming to an end but picks up again. There are some great and bloody kills.

PROBLEMS: There's no real character development. At times it felt like I was watching a remake of the mediocre 2018 version of Death Wish. Even at a slim hour and forty minutes portions of the movie are so dwelling and drawn out I actually became bored. I wish it had maintained the hyped up pace of the movies opening.

Scale of 1 to 10 a 6½

Back