Welcome To aBlackWeb

Should The Messenger Matter

Does the messenger matter

• Total voters

Chicity

I'm what the culture feeling
Site Administrator
When given advice or a general opinion on something, do you care who the messenger is?

No.

When we get caught up in things other than using discernment to accept or reject a message, its coming from a negative place.

If you wont let something that shakes your spirit resonate because of who says it or how they look, it says more about you than them.

Agreeing on sound advice doesnt mean you have to become that persons disciple or agree with them in totality, but you can take the jewel and keep it moving.

Prime example....

yea i get the whole don't ask a broke person about money, or a single person about relationships, or a person with no kids about kids..

but smart is smart, good advice is good advice..

we should all trust our own judgement enough to shift through what's valuable and what's bullshit regardless of who it's coming from...

a rich person could be telling you 100% horseshit abut money cuz that person is a liar....you gotta be able to detect that shit....

and a single person with no kids can have great advice on how one could go about time management at home...u just never really know until hear it

It really depends.

Some people give great advice to others but make terrible decisions for themselves. Meaning a person can be in a bad situation themselves but still offer good advice to you.

I know that from personal experience.

interesting thread.

need to look for the other one.
but imma sit back on this one til the end

The messenger matters to the 100th power

How you know the advice you getting is sound

Depends. I'll listen to what others have to say on the matter and if it can be put into practice and verified then I guess what they said was true.

So can you learn and finances from a janitor?
Yes

Maybe they cant tell u much about making it but might be able to tell u a wealth of knowledge (pun) about saving it

Not everyone wants to make millions. Theres comfy middle income earners whos budget game is A1 n millionaires on the verge of killin themselves for gettin tied up financially.

And if u ask me theres not nearly enough emphasis in society on budgeting and saving

Yes

Maybe they cant tell u much about making it but might be able to tell u a wealth of knowledge (pun) about saving it

Not everyone wants to make millions. Theres comfy middle income earners whos budget game is A1 n millionaires on the verge of killin themselves for gettin tied up financially.

And if u ask me theres not nearly enough emphasis in society on budgeting and saving
Never know.

Janitor can be sittin on a mound of money, and folks not even know it. My aunt was sittin on money b4 she passed, but you'd never knew that lookin at her.
I'm glad you guys see it like that.
You never know who people are.

Never know.

Janitor can be sittin on a mound of money, and folks not even know it. My aunt was sittin on money b4 she passed, but you'd never knew that lookin at her.

Ill bet that like .1% of all janitors in the world

Back