Welcome To aBlackWeb

Should prenups be required by law

loud-ninja

Here to point out the illogical
Simple question, multiple answers. I feel prenups should be required before getting married. Some People think prenups mean you dont trust your partner. That is not always the case. What people don't account for in marriage or long time relationships is that people grow and change every year. You can't predict these changes. Not everyone cheats. Some people just grow apart.
A prenup is like insurance. You get insurance on your house, car, health...etc. You get insurance because you can't predict what will happen. So why not get it on your relationship?

If you and your partner divorce, the prenup will make things easier. This will free up the court system as well. People are blinded by love that they don't use logic. Look at the people in your circle. This includes fam and friends. How many that got married are still in their first marriage? When I look at mine, my parents are the only ones who are still together and have only married once. Those are not good stats to me.

IT is also not about money either. Some people get married broke. Some people may have a pet the got together. The prenup would decide how the pet arrangement goes.

You make these important decisions before getting married. So If you all do divorce, you are tied to a binding contract. So no matter how much you hate your partner or vice versa, you can't go back on your word without facing legal troubles.

No. The government should insert itself a little as possible into your marriage and your fucking finances.
The way people go through their divorces with such malice, they are better off getting the gov involved. Lot of people regret not having one. It is a binding contract that makes things easier.

The way people go through their divorces with such malice, they are better off getting the gov involved. Lot of people regret not having one. It is a binding contract that makes things easier.
But the gov don't have to be involved, you and your spouse decide on that. If she don't want one then it's up to you to go through with the marriage or not. All that is your decision

Why the third party handholding though? If you don’t have the foresight to protect your assets when entering a marriage (if you even believe you need to do so to begin with) then that’s just on you IMO.

But the gov don't have to be involved, you and your spouse decide on that. If she don't want one then it's up to you to go through with the marriage or not. All that is your decision
A lot of people that don't wind up regretting it later. This would be for people that don't use logic or don't have the foresight. When you divorce, you gotta go to the court any way and decide how things will be split.

Actually surprised at the answers. For those that say no, are y'all against prenups all together? Or just don't want it to be required?

Back