Welcome To aBlackWeb

Should it be a law to serve in the military right after high school?

I been in the military since I got out of high school & it’s benefited me greatly. It’s not for everyone tho & I wouldn’t want it to be forced on people. All I know is I don’t gotta worry about student loan debt & Uncle Sam pays out big if you retire after calculating the pension & disability from the VA.

like two years before you get to decide what you want to do with your life?

i think it may give you a skill set to take into the workforce and more people would be productive additions to society.

Hell fucking no. Nothing but ptsd and drinking problems

Hell no.

When I turned 18...a brotha was shook as hell b/c I thought I was gonna get drafted. Lol

I mean is it really as bad as 100k+ debt??

You act like dishonorable discharges and college graduates not getting the same exact job these days....

Yes it's as bad because too many folks in 100+K debt think their special when really their just educated fucking retards and they don't want to hear it or realize it. Too many people fail to realize being educated doesn't mean they're smart.

PTSD from what

Unless you are a special operator you not in a real active theater of combat

Most people aint gonna see no smoke in a 2 year enlistment

And to add on depending on what your job in the military is you could be in training for half of that 2 years....

Then go to your first command and sit on a base somewhere and work 9-5 like everybody else

Crazy how so many people still believe that joining the military automatically means that you're gonna see combat.

Anything you can do in the military, you can do outside

Without the damn near instant credibility as far as experience, training and certifications

And the networking and inside track to govt contract jobs and federal employment

And the free college when your done with your enlistment

Amongst many other things....

like two years before you get to decide what you want to do with your life?

i think it may give you a skill set to take into the workforce and more people would be productive additions to society.

My father was in the military....and yet he believes no black man has any business in the military

In the United States, 22 million military veterans account for 7 percent of the population. But veterans make up about 12 percent of the adult homeless population, according to the National Coalition for Homeless Veterans. Black and Hispanic veterans are three times as likely to be homeless as veterans in general.

According to the Department of Veterans Affairs, 9 out of 10 homeless veterans are male. A majority are single, live in urban areas and suffer from mental illness, physical disability or substance abuse. About half have served during the Vietnam era.

"There seems to be a large percentage of veterans that do come out a little broken, and for everybody, really, it's a life-changing experience," says Jason Henry, a Navy veteran and regional director at the VRC. "That's what boot camp is all about. They take away your individualism, and they train all that stuff out of you so you follow orders."

But, he continues, "There's no out-training. They're being trained to such a high degree to go over and fight ... then they're out one day. How is someone supposed to flip that switch? It doesn't happen."

During group therapy, folksinger David Morris, who performs melancholic music addressing veteran themes, tells a story of how he tried to save a colleague on the battlefield but was torn "to pieces" once he realised nothing could be done.

That’s cool

None of it worth signing over even a day of my life.

If your back ain’t against the will, you choosing to sign over to an evil entity working against the well being of people all over, for what?

For minimal self gain, when I can do that shit outside and keep my lil freedoms and a little honor

The same discipline they going instill already in you to do whatever you need.

But you live in the country and reap the rewards of that though

Crazy how so many people still believe that joining the military automatically means that you're gonna see combat.

I didn't say that. But throwing 1000s of unskilled kids to the military like nobody will see combat is unrealistic. I live in a military area. Like anything its good or bad.

I didn't say that. But throwing 1000s of unskilled kids to the military like nobody will see combat is unrealistic. I live in a military area. Like anything its good or bad.

But they wouldnt be “unskilled”

Actually quite the opposite.

I got into IT via the Navy.

The Military has jobs just like “regualr” people.

And they send you to schools to train for that job...

Like I said depending on what your job is you not seeing your first command for up to a yr and a half.

Unless we are in an all out war most aint seeing no combat in a two yr enlistment and if you go navy you MIGHT go on an 8 mo sea tour and we aint shooting nobody bruh...and the lil niggas get to travel the world amd fuck exotic bitches...

Back