Welcome To aBlackWeb

FEATURED Should Black People Stop Using The Word Nigga?

test
There is a long list of these Black people shouldnt do before we even get to the word nigga... starts with not listening to his types but here we are

And Martin Luther the king said nigga nigga

What are you basing this stance on bruh? Weren't they using the word in Blaxploitation movies in the 70s? You think the word made it into movies portraying black communities but wasn't actually used in black communities?
Something being used and something being common are two different things

Y’all can have the word.

Cancer is more common now

Don’t mean it never existed 40 years ago.

Simple shit but I’m out

Bruh you can’t use a disease for that because cancer has always been widespread.

If the word was used in black movies it was widespread enough for it to be in a movie. It’s not like some local slang.

That word was considered a cuss/bad word if said in front of grandparents

Now this is true. People are more liberal about their use in front of older folks now. But those who grew up with it being seen as a cuss word heard it from somewhere. And that usually was being used by adults amongst friends and family.

Yes, I wish it died out in 1865 or before.

But here is the real thing My cousins and I talk about a lot

1. Do you hear Africans say nigga?

2. Do you hear black Europeans, Caribbeans, non American black people use nigga?

At least before they become Americanized
I cant speak for all of the Caribbean, but in Jamaican it was used, but really rarely and the pronunciation was a lil different. For someone to say it, you'd have to really wrong them and it was used with heavy emphasis as they were cussing you out. Wasn't casually said at all. I'm willing to bet it was the same through out the entire Caribbean till younger generations got Americanized.

Pretty sure I only used the word lately on here. I’m not in the business of telling people what they shouldn’t say. Every few years we have the argument & those same people trying to stop me from saying it will mumble it quick under their breath on a weekday afternoon.

Back