Welcome To aBlackWeb

OPINION Should a man expect his woman to love and take care of him like his mother did?

This stems from bad parenting though...

Too many parents over spoil their kids and confuse it with love...

They over do for their children making them dependent and often weak in certain ways....

Then as a result they look for people to spoil them the same way...

And that's cool if that's your thing, but everybody ain't gonna spoil you like your parents did.... And that's okay...

I respect that.

I believe that a parent's love for their child runs deep, and that's how a s/o love should be. On that same level depth

Ex.

If babygirl wants to go and finish Law School, you already know mama or daddy giving their last, and going without for 2 to 3 years just to see her make it through
Another bad example...
. That's more to foolish spending...

Which I actually have exact explanation for..

My wife parents did that. They borrowed and borrowed and borrowed v everything for my wife to finish college, but that had nothing to do with love, they thought they were doing the right thing..... The reality of that is the ridiculous amount of debt and bad credit it put everyone in...

It was not worth it. At all.

When it comes time for our child to go to college we will be very careful about our financial options. And we will not borrow what we don't have.

Her parents didn't know any better, we do.

Another bad example...
. That's more to foolish spending...

Which I actually have exact explanation for..

My wife parents did that. They borrowed and borrowed and borrowed v everything for my wife to finish college, but that had nothing to do with love, they thought they were doing the right thing..... The reality of that is the ridiculous amount of debt and bad credit it put everyone in...

It was not worth it. At all.

When it comes time for our child to go to college we will be very careful about our financial options. And we will not borrow what we don't have.

Her parents didn't know any better, we do.

I'on know Du, mamas and dads go without for their children all the time. I stated law school, but some parents go without just so that the kid could have clothes for the school year?

How many s/o would go without for an x amount of time for their spouse so that they could level up

I'on know Du, mamas and dads go without for their children all the time. I stated law school, but some parents go without just so that the kid could have clothes for the school year?

How many s/o would go without for an x amount of time for their spouse so that they could level up
Many do every day...

It's a partnership... They both give and take from each other... Sometimes one more than the other.... But someone giving their all isn't signature of parental love specifically....if you want some one to be completely dedicated, that's cool...

But to liken it to parental love is just weird, pointless, and not a good comparison.

I don't like the analogy

My opinion on the matter on how I feel, that's the only love that a man will experience. It's no set condition with mama's love and I feel that should be the same energy that should be received from your s/o.

If I go to jail, mama putting up the house without a blink of a eye, I feel my s/o should empty out her accounts and put up her apartment/house to come get my black ass out.

The love shown from a mother should come from your woman or she should want to get to that point. Again, all this is an opinion and barbershop talk.

Unconditional love is not "role based"

So yes

a spouse can love you as your mother did/does

"take care of " tho....

hell naw bruh....

nor would I want my wife to take care of me as my mother would...

I aint Jody bruh

If you want your relationship wit your s/o to mimic the one you have wit your mama, then that's just weird.

I can't even say what my relationship with my mana would be like in my adults years. Mainly b/c she passed when I was 13.

Only thing I can go off of is her cookin...which is a must...and how she took care of the household. Both things my s/o do now.

But your relationship b/t your mother and s/o should be 2 separate entities. I mean yeah you wanna look for certain qualities in a s/o that may be similar to your mama. But never exactly alike imo.

B/c at the end of the day...your mama gonna love you unconditionally no matter what you do in life.

A spouse is not supposed to fill in for a parent.

The roles they face in that person's life are different, so the way they love them is different.

I was reading this thread to see if this point would ever be made.

I'm not a stand-in for my wife's father or any other woman I've ever been in a serious relationship with.
My wife is not a stand-in for my mother. Same for the other women I've been with.

If I wanted my mother's love, I'd stay at home and never get married.

Back