Welcome To aBlackWeb

Shannon Sharpe dragged for tweet about HBCUS

He said this too but what he actually said long form on Undisputed gave better context. Bomani Jones take on it and some people even took that as an insult. To some if you don't give 100% agreement you're tearing somebody down which is a dumb ass concept

Discussions like this cannot be completed using 200 characters on a scrolling timeline but niggas gonna get then takes off regardless.

On FB there were some people claiming to be from JSU and said that Deion didn't get the program support he wanted from the college administration, even spending his own money for things the team needed so he chose to move on. Not sure how true that is, but if that's the case I don't necessarily blame him for leaving.

On FB there were some people claiming to be from JSU and said that Deion didn't get the program support he wanted from the college administration, even spending his own money for things the team needed so he chose to move on. Not sure how true that is, but if that's the case I don't necessarily blame him for leaving.

Even if that's not the case we know he did spend his own money on several thing down there. Got the team outfitted with suits from Michael Strahan and they had the 2nd most uniform combos in the whole NCAA.

It's weird seeing people say that he didn't or doesn't do enough when one of the biggest issues he brought up was that only 7% of HBCU graduates actually give back to their institutions.

Bookmark this and let's see what they a say/do a year from now.

B/c if nothing improves post-Deion...or these HBCU's revert back to how things were b4 he even showed up...or they STILL are struggling...I want these same people to come back on and explain all of it. B/c it further proves its not on him.

Again...we gotta stop looking for this black messiah figure to solve ALL our issues. I see too many complaints...but no resolutions. And quite frankly...I'm sick of the whole "we gotta have a conversation" talkin point.

We need to start doin more than talkin.

Last edited:
Back