Welcome To aBlackWeb

Sen. Mitch McConnell Is Against Reparations Because 'We' Already Elected a Black President

“We gave you Obama...”

I like BO as a person, so this ain’t about to be a “What did Barack ever do for negroes...?” post.

But his ancestry is Kenyan. So even if you completely subscribe to the descendants of slaves being of African ancestry, the slaves were primarily from the northwest region of Africa. Kenya is south east.

We not even of the same African stock. Different nations, tribes, language and culture. He ain’t even one of ours.

5c574168bde70f75d86c6261-750.jpg

My thing is for 500 years it was easy to tell who was black in America. Now when it comes to reparations they can’t be sure who gets what like wtf. Majority of black Americans are descendants of slaves and been here.

https://www.mediaite.com/news/laura...ics-of-reparations-as-trump-says-no-do-overs/

Laura Ingraham Scoffs at Political Worldview of Reparations: As Trump Says ‘No Do-Overs’

On her podcast show, conservative pundit Laura Ingraham scoffed at the notion of paying reparations to African-Americans who are descendants of slaves or who suffered under the racist oppression of Jim Crow laws.

“People would argue, and I would, that the whole world has been reshaped by people taking other people’s land. It’s called conquest,” she said in a discussion with Kentucky State University political science professor Wilfred Reilly.

“They want to live in a fake world,” she continued. “As [President Donald] Trump always says, ‘You don’t get do-overs. No do-overs. That’s it. There was an argument, a quote from the ’80s: ‘We won, you lost, that’s that.’ Describing world politics: ‘We won, you lost, that’s that. That’s just the way it is.'”

Ingraham’s worldview is belied by reality, however. Reparations between peoples have long been a part of world history, as evidence by the war restitution payments made by Germany to the Allies after World War I. And on a more granular scale, the United States has long followed a policy of remunerating families in Iraq and Afghanistan who have suffered accidental injuries or death as a result of its military operations in those countries.

“You can change Indian reservations and make them better or change the whole way those operate,” Ingraham said later, conceding that governments can, in fact, enact policies that attempt to redress past mistakes and atone for policy inequities. “That’s not my area of expertise,” she then openly acknowledged.

Notably, Ingraham didn’t see fit to reckon with how her fundamental opposition to relitigating the past — “no do-overs” — contradicts the driving ethos of one of her podcast’s recent sponsors, the president’s 2020 re-election campaign, which officially goes by the name “Make American Great Again Committee.”

Cn2XVgAUsAIHC9C.jpg

I'm just surprised we're actually having a discussion about reparations on Capitol Hill...

Nothing's going to come of it though.

It's just political pandering by the DNC to get us to shut up about reparations and give them their vote.

If there was any chance of this passing, they wouldn't even be discussing it to begin with.

It would be political suicide.

Basically, they're going to do just enough to make it seem like they made a sincere effort...........and then blame it on the Republicans when nothing comes of it.

They'll just say,

"Well, we tried......but the Republicans voted against it. This is why we need your vote to get them out of office."

Nothing's going to come of it though.

It's just political pandering by the DNC to get us to shut up about reparations and give them their vote.

If there was any chance of this passing, they wouldn't even be discussing it to begin with.

It would be political suicide.

Basically, they're going to do just enough to make it seem like they made a sincere effort...........and then blame it on the Republicans when nothing comes of it.

They'll just say,

"Well, we tried......but the Republicans voted against it. This is why we need your vote to get them out of office."

Actually, I don't think that's true. Most of the establishment candidates aren't really for reparations. The progressives are the ones really pushing this, and I believe candidates like Warren would at least try to get something passed if they were elected.

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/ingraham-reparations-no-do-overs

Ingraham Derides Reparations: ‘No Do-Overs,’ ‘We Won You Lost’

Fox News host Laura Ingraham addressed slavery reparations on her podcast Thursday, arguing that the entire world had been remade by “conquest” and that there are “no do-overs” despite liberals’ desire to live in a “fake world.”

“People would argue that the whole world, and I would, the whole world has been reshaped by people taking other people’s land,” Ingraham said. “It’s called conquest.”

“As Trump always says, ‘You don’t get do-overs. No do-overs, that’s it,'” she continued. “There was an argument, sometime, I think it was the 1980s. There was a quote, ‘you won, we lost, that’s that.’ Describing world politics, ‘we won, you lost, that’s that.’ That’s just the way it is.”

She was citing a quote referring to a world reshaped by conquest, but was using the argument to bolster her position that reparations are “preposterous.”

Wow, Laura Ingraham truly is a piece of shit. By that logic, someone should be able to break in her house, beat her ass, and rob her, and there should be nothing she can do about it. After all that person won and she lost right? That's that.

Actually, I don't think that's true. Most of the establishment candidates aren't really for reparations. The progressives are the ones really pushing this, and I believe candidates like Warren would at least try to get something passed if they were elected.

They see the handwriting on the wall though.

Actually, they've got more at stake than the candidates.........because the house reps are up for re-election every 2 years.

They're well aware of the pressure that's being placed on the democratic party to show that they have something tangible to offer african-americans for their vote.

So they know they have to at least look like they're making an effort.

Otherwise, they risk being out of office after the next election cycle.

Back