Welcome To aBlackWeb

Semi Finals: Goat Song of 09: Empire State of Mind vs Exhibit A

Semi Finals: Goat Song of 09: Empire State of Mind vs Exhibit A

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well why have the tournament is what matter is the charts? because that will say what song is bigger

It does have to be one or the other, I think both should be taken into acct. Impact and quality.

We ain't talking bout albums, we talking bout songs.

And neither song did shit.

But you had no problem voting one of em all the way to the finals.

Keep it thoro was everywhere and the video was always on rap city. Neither can be said about exhibit a

huh:huh:

U wasn't outside were u? :sayit:

I stay out in 2000.

Heard a lot of Nelly, Big Pimpin, Trick, a lil of Ghost, some Pun, 504 Boyz, Big Tymers, shit even Marshall was getting spins off of MMLP.

Cut this shit out wasn't nobody bumping no damn Prodigy round here like that.

A song can't be song of the year when only 19 people was listening to the shit. Idgaf what yall talkin bout.

It can, however, easily be the best song released that year. This tournament is the GOAT song of any given year, not the most popular song of a given year.

Insane in the Brain was, by far, the biggest hip hop single of 1993 and because of it Black Sunday went triple platinum. But was it the best '93 had to offer???

Hell no, and no one would ever say that either. It was the most popular, yes, but not the best.

And that's what this tournament is about. Not the most popular, not the "song of the year", but the song that was legit the best the year had to offer.

I was being objective when these threads first started.

When I seen everyone was just voting they favorites I switched up.

& cats being dense saying just name it most popular than lol. A grading system would bring a lot of transparency & would embrace debates further but what do I know

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back