Welcome To aBlackWeb

Poll [Semi Finals] Goat Movie Tournament: Goodfellas vs Malcolm X

Better Movie?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Goodfellas is one of the greatest movies ever made. It is near cinematic perfection. You'll be hard pressed to find any movie from any era that is as good let alone better than Goodfellas.

With all that said Malcolm X>>>>>>>>>>>> and it ain't even close. It takes one hell of a movie to knock Goodfellas out and Malcolm X is that movie.

Shit....

giphy.gif

I was going to say that I was surprised that School Daze (which is good too) beat out Do the Right Thing and Malcolm X, but here Malcom X is. Goodfellas is one of the best, but not enough to beat A game Spike Lee and A game Denzel.

Malcolm X ftw.

I missed most of it, so my top 10 movies in the competiton so far...

* Eyes Wide Shut (Warner Brothers cut 30 minutes from it)
10. The Godfather
9. The Matrix
8. Seven Samurai
7. Purple Rain
6. Harlem Nights
5. Friday
4. Malcolm X
3. Life
2. Coming to America
1. The Color Purple

oxfordmicdrop.jpg

Goddamnit... This is a tough choice. I’m rockin with Malcom X but Goodfellas still one of my favorite movies ever.

malcolm x the more powerful movie cuz i'm black.

it's every black person's dream to see our people move like that

malcolm was 100% a black superhero...even better than t'challa

but goodfellas was the better movie from a movie perspective.....

remember when yall said yall was tired of the way black people were portrayed in movies..

yall ain't want malcolm then, but yal lniggaz want him now?

now yall wanna support the movement???

:Pathetic:

i thought yall wanted to be kings and queens.......

Home court advantage

Im not gonna bother arguing bcuz if there is one place where Malcolm X is a better film than Goodfellas it should be on ABlackWeb

But in the real world....

remember when yall said yall was tired of the way black people were portrayed in movies..

yall ain't want malcolm then, but yal lniggaz want him now?

now yall wanna support the movement???

:Pathetic:

i thought yall wanted to be kings and queens.......

Man cut this shit out.

You know damn well we was talking bout being portrayed as gang members/drug dealers/killers or slaves.

YOU was the one that assumed that cause we didn't want that, that it meant we thought those movies was shit and held no value.

Still trying figure out how you came to that conclusion

Man cut this shit out.

You know damn well we was talking bout being portrayed as gang members/drug dealers/killers or slaves.

YOU was the one that assumed that cause we didn't want that, that it meant we thought those movies was shit and held no value.

Still trying figure out how you came to that conclusion
Well I like gangster shit, so I voted Goodfellas

Home court advantage

Im not gonna bother arguing bcuz if there is one place where Malcolm X is a better film than Goodfellas it should be on ABlackWeb

But in the real world....

Fair enough. I think it would have been even better with the James Baldwin script though.
:ualreadyknow:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back