Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY Selfie Avi Thread (Summertime Vibes) 7/15-7/19

Sandra Bland was a 28-year-old African-American woman who was found hanged in a jail cell in Waller County, Texas, on July 13, 2015, three days after being arrested during a traffic stop. Her death was ruled a suicide.

This story really hit me at the time and I followed it pretty heavy. Out of all the similar cases, this one was probably the most angering and confusing. I havent got around to the documentary myself, but it needs to be seen/heard/talked about.

Say her name.

Nina Simone, a self proclaimed rebel with a cause. An immeasurable talent who used her platform to address disparity in civil rights for minorities fully clothed and didn't let anyone put her music in a box. A true artist.

You don't have to live next to me, just give me my equality.

-Nina Simone

Dr. Frances Cress Welsing

Psychiatrist, activist, and author of the Isis Papers

The pic is from a debate vs white supremacist William Shockley.

She dogwalked his ass, it was beautiful.

Dr. Frances Cress Welsing

Psychiatrist, activist, and author of the Isis Papers

The pic is from a debate vs white supremacist William Shockley.

She dogwalked his ass, it was beautiful.

I just KNEW you was going Nikki G

How wrong I was

Why????..cause Germs mammy reala than yo mammy..

Plus, she look like me, and these hoes can see what make a real nigga.

and by hoes...I mean u hoe as niggaz..

myT9ofB.png nah I'm just playin

:Pathetic:

I WOULD donate all the proceeds from this event to the black women of ABW

but ya'll got all the damn money already.....need to let a nigga flip that next month

I settled on Ida B Wells

She was an African-American Republican investigative journalist, educator, and an early leader in the Civil Rights Movement. Also was one of the founders of the NAACP). Super dope heroine who fought for equality for African American in the late 1800's, especially women of color

Grow up very near to the projects that were her namesake in Chicago so I was always hearing about her from the old heads and teachers every black history month

Clarissa Shields is one of only six boxers in history, female or male, to hold all four major world titles in boxing—WBA, WBC, IBF and WBO—simultaneously, along with Bernard Hopkins(2004–2005), Jermain Taylor (2005), Cecilia Brækhus (2014–), Terence Crawford (2017), and Oleksandr Usyk (2018–2019).

In a decorated amateur career, Shields won gold medals in the women's middleweight division at the 2012 and 2016 Olympics, making her the first American boxer—female or male—to win consecutive Olympic medals. Shields was the youngest boxer at the February 2012 U.S. Olympic Trials, winning the event in the 165 lb (75 kg) middleweight division. In May, she qualified for the 2012 games, the first year in which women's boxing was an Olympic event, and went on to become the first American woman to win an Olympic gold medal in boxing.[10] In 2018, the Boxing Writers Association of America named her the Female Fighter of the Year.

No couples
Ok top flight security!

tenor.gif

Mary Kenner was an African-American inventor who revamped the world of feminine care with the invention of the sanitary belt (aka the maxi pad). Though her invention attracted multiple feminine hygiene companies, it was rejected by most when they realized Mary was African-American. Unfortunately, the maxi pad wasn’t patented until 30 years after its creation. Nevertheless, Mary went on to patent other household items including the bathroom tissue holder, a back washer that mounted on the wall of the shower, and the carrier attachment on walkers for disabled people.

Back