Welcome To aBlackWeb

Self Vibing....what are you listening to?

fire-flames.gif

I never really listened to those pre-Piñata EP tracks Gibbs and Madlib did until i recently started going thru that 5 disc Piñata deluxe edition they dropped.

Hard as fuck. Why Gibbs didn't wanna spit on this is beyond me. Got curious about the samples tho. Is that Last Poets? Gil Scott-Heron....?

Started digging and lo n behold the vocals are from STANLEY FUCKING CROUCH, the world's grumpiest old black music critic. The guy that slapped another white jazz critic in a restaurant like he was Beanie Sigel; the guy that called Miles Davis gay for using synthesizers in his 80s music. Got more conservative as he aged, but never went full coon. Married a black woman, named his daughter Gaia Scott-Crouch after Gil Scott-Heron, died in 2020 at age 74. An all around interesting nigga. And boy did he HATE him some gangsta rap. Which is very funny in retrospect, after listening to this:

Too Late Blues: Ain't No Ambulances for No Nigguhs Tonight

First 4 minutes. This shit crazy lol. The bars in this.....

1692456070472.png

"Never too cool to kill a brotha! But always droppin' the gun when the beast with the badges arrived!"

"Fashion plate nationalists were too busy making money selling clothes to notice. They died in their bright African colors, Swahili curses dripping from their mouths."

Etherous and evergreen. He warns you at the beginning he had smoke for errbody lol

Back