Sears, the store that changed America, declares bankruptcy

Everything is coming back around to these stores now that Amazon is here.

Toys R Us is getting a reboot as Gefforys Toy Box, though. They’re gonna bounce back big.

Reactions: OriginalMan!

Toys R Us is getting a reboot as Gefforys Toy Box, though. They’re gonna bounce back big.

Amazon is cool but I really hate what online shopping has done to the inventory that the actual brick and mortar store carries. Stores don't carry shit anymore. Walk in the store and people always telling we can order it for you free of shipping costs and it be here in 3-5 days. I'm look at them like bitch I'm here today cause I want it today not next fucking week.

Also that online shit is a way to track everything people are buying. Its so much shit I hate about everything being pushed to online shopping. Folks don't even realized we being robbed without a gun on the prices.

Make a post about when the going out business clearance sale comes around. I need to buy me a new lawn mower and some other tools. Thanks in advance!

They already started here.

Clothes like 50-70% off.

Appliances only at like 20-30% off then. Imma check it out again next week

Sears and Kmart is done. The owner of both companies is a hedge fund tycoon and has no interest in retail.

Kmart and Sears look dingy as hell compared to target Walmart best buy etc who rebrands the image of their stores.

He's making more money for himself of the interest since the stores are losing money and can't make profit

Reactions: 313 Wayz
People keep saying brick and mortar stores are going out of business solely because of online retail, then cite Toy R Us as a perfect example, but thats a horrible example. How can Toy R Us, a giant toy story go outa business when all they sell is toys? People will never stop buying toys, EVER. The only thing they can do is not have a proper online store and fuck up some money.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/who-killed-toys-r-us-hint-it-wasnt-only-amazon-1535034401

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/feat...-world-s-biggest-toy-store-didn-t-have-to-die

Can read either of those links and see that private equity firms killed another company by buying it and bleeding it dry, then tossing it away. They basically bought Toys R Us, then handed the debt they had to buy Toy R Us, to Toys R Us, milked it for w/e they could get and walked away when they figured it was worth more closed than open.