Welcome To aBlackWeb

Saturday Night Live

Y'all think the Jews will come after him for that monologue?
Of course they will. They already have. They won't succeed, tho. That dude is the first person to truly become cancel culture-resistant.

Like this bullshit here:

https://forward.com/culture/524853/dave-chappelle-antisemitism-snl-monologue-open-letter-hollywood/

Dear Dave Chappelle,

Consider me an admirer. I find your comedy wickedly smart, slyly subversive and generally well-intentioned. I also sense your pain. As the descendant of a troubled Hollywood Jewish family, I’ve seen how the business eats sensitive people like you alive.

That’s why, after watching your monologue on SNL, I woke up at 4 a.m. in a panic-attack state. Why did you feel the need to echo Ye’s antisemitic tropes about Jews and Hollywood? Yes, there are a lot of Jews in Hollywood — because discrimination shut them out of other careers in the early 1900s. Pioneer Hollywood Jews like my great-grandfather Sol M. Wurtzel, who produced over 700 films for 20th Century Fox, created a new form of popular entertainment and ran with it. I take pride in the Jewish invention of an industry that gave voice and unprecedented global reach to legions of creative people, including you........

It goes on like this for a while.

Of course they will. They already have. They won't succeed, tho. That dude is the first person to truly become cancel culture-resistant.

Like this bullshit here:

https://forward.com/culture/524853/dave-chappelle-antisemitism-snl-monologue-open-letter-hollywood/

Dear Dave Chappelle,

Consider me an admirer. I find your comedy wickedly smart, slyly subversive and generally well-intentioned. I also sense your pain. As the descendant of a troubled Hollywood Jewish family, I’ve seen how the business eats sensitive people like you alive.

That’s why, after watching your monologue on SNL, I woke up at 4 a.m. in a panic-attack state. Why did you feel the need to echo Ye’s antisemitic tropes about Jews and Hollywood? Yes, there are a lot of Jews in Hollywood — because discrimination shut them out of other careers in the early 1900s. Pioneer Hollywood Jews like my great-grandfather Sol M. Wurtzel, who produced over 700 films for 20th Century Fox, created a new form of popular entertainment and ran with it. I take pride in the Jewish invention of an industry that gave voice and unprecedented global reach to legions of creative people, including you........

It goes on like this for a while.

You call it bullshit, but did you actually read all of it. She actually wasn't bashing Chappelle. She even admitted that he was right when he made comments like "There are a lot of Jews in Hollywood." Her key point was the same as what other sensible people have made is that, in today's world, there are people who will hear Dave's jokes and won't take them as jokes. They won't get the point Dave is making and will instead use his jokes as a reason to attack Jews. I don't really agree with that, but I think it's a fair criticism. The one thing I will point out is that people like this women never address why black people might feel the way some of us do when it comes to their community.

Back