Welcome To aBlackWeb

OPINION Sales/Commission Jobs stories.

silverfoxx

Bitch mob
Whats yall thoughts on them? Personally, I think they should be illegal. Im not sure who lives in Atlanta on here, but man these scammers prey HEAVY on recent college grads, as well as desperate workers. They disguise themselves as LEGIT corporate companies and finesse you into standing at COSCO selling DirecTV. Atlanta job market is tremendously competitive, but filtering these fake ass companies is a job itself, which takes up about close to 50 percent of job opportunities in ATL

Here is a website of one that I dealt with before (lasted a day)

http://newacquisitionsinc.com/

It's funny because they spoke heavy about the owner who was a young millionaire who worked hard to climb to his position now, and even brought in a black brother from Dallas to give us a motivation speech who im sure was a paid actor. They sale a dream of "working your way up to owning your own office" when in reality its a systematic pyramid scheme.

I know some of yall got hoodwinked, drop yall story. Also, is there anyone who actually been successful at commission/sales roles?

Last edited:
Yeah you gotta learn to identify their codespeak

“You get the freedom to make your own schedule. Work as much or as little as you want.”

“Your pay depends on how much work you put into it”

“You can work your way from the bottom up just like this guy did”

“Our top earners bring home x amount”

I did Vector marketing back in the day.

They tried to get me too, and this old white dude approached me in the grocery store about that Amway bullshit. It’s funny cause he went out of his way to not mention the company name but I googled some of the stuff he was saying and it confirmed my suspicions.

Only sales I've ever done was floor sales in retail and sellin mortgages/mortgage products as a loan officer and subprime account executive.

One of my boys from high school got hemmed up in one of those companies where they took dude from Detroit and sent his ass to LA to sell shit door to door right after we graduated. He told me that they had him and fiddy-leven people in a single hotel room and had them pounding the pavement for 12-14 hrs a day sellin whatever bullshit it was. IIRC, he stuck it out for a couple of weeks then called his folks to get him back home.

I did vector for like a day. Tried to hit my parents up when I got home and they just laughed at me. Also did natural gas rate sales door to door. That was actually lit once my boy got a car and we started going out on our own to new towns/settlements which had fresh home owners who weren't hip to that shit and hadn't been approached. Did that when I was 18-19 for a year and a half, made some decent money.

Did vector marketing for like a week LMAO. Only sold one of those little small cutting knives to my aunt.

Also was with Primerica a bit on the term life insurance shit.

Still work in the insurance industry some now but shit a lot better though

Back