Welcome To aBlackWeb

Safety precautions as a woman

Golden

Administrator
I think we've all been made to feel vulnerable or uncomfortable at some point. what r some tips n tricks u use to protect yourself?

note that this aint about victim blame but pragmatism.

when u out and about, don't just take ur smartphone. also take a prepaid trackphone or an old school brick phone and carry it in ur pocket or somewhere close to ur body.

Why? cuz their battery lasts much longer than smartphones n u can use it solely for safety purposes. ur bag can get stolen or ur main phone can be taken, but u can have a backup within reach.

get ur emergency contacts to save the number of ur emergency phone as a contact. that way, when they get a call from ur emergency number, they immediately know something is up.

drop ur suggestions

here r my suggestions for home protection, might be of use if u live alone:

if u r shopping for an apartment n u have a choice, don't go for the ground floor. it's most likely to be targeted by intruders.

weird tip: get a pair of really big mens shoes from a thrift store, get mud on them, n leave them outside your front door. it'll look like a man who gets his hands dirty is in ur home at that moment. sadly, a man is seen as less of an easy target.

replace ur front door lock with a deadbolt. harder to break into. make sure u have a separate fire exit tho, don't block ur only way out.

I have burglar bars and I live upstairs. I knew about the ground floor thing for a while.

The boots are a great idea. Also, sometimes getting a sticker from a security company and placing it in your window helps. I have one. No alarm system though.

Try not to come home and leave home around the same times unless you absolutely have too. Some people can pick up on your patterns.

I have burglar bars and I live upstairs. I knew about the ground floor thing for a while.

The boots are a great idea. Also, sometimes getting a sticker from a security company and placing it in your window helps. I have one. No alarm system though.

Try not to come home and leave home around the same times unless you absolutely have too. Some people can pick up on your patterns.
Great tips.

did u install the burglar bars urself?

ADT.. or your own security cameras. They have legit ones you can setup yourself and hook it up to connect with your phone/computer, whatever you want.

Talk to your neighbors. The neighborhood I grew up in, neighbors would call if they saw something suspicious. Most of the calls weren't anything but my mom's house almost caught fire once and she was asleep. Neighbor called it in and called me cause smoke was coming out her back window.

So yea, talk to your neighbors :)

If you're worried about burglars or rapists in particular...

Before I had kids I slept with a knife under my bed. If you don't have kids it's not a bad idea.

i carry perfume in lieu of pepper spray but I wld like to step it up. it isn't legal to have a taser in a lot of places.

took martial arts growing up but I don't remember much. I shld do a self defense class.

who was bout to jump her? other girls or men?
Go to a shooting range. Learn how to hold and operate a gun. Cop some pepper spray and or a taser. Hopefully you'd never use it but it be good knowledge to have.

Jujitsu is a great thing to learn as a woman because it's not about be stronger than your opponent.

a woman should know how to shrug off someone trying to grab her and throw a straight punch

i also plan on teaching my wife bjj

because a woman should be able to grapple well enough to keep someone from just grabbing her up and having his way with her

muay thai
bjj
boxing
judo....

all great for female self defense...

you can legit disable a nigga with one good judo throw
giphy.gif

I did Judo as a kid. Might start back with that one!
you should....

judo throws are clean as fuck, and you use a full gi, so you're used to grabbing clothing....

shorty throw in that gif was fucking beautiful,....she fuck around and cracked homie neck... he ain't getting up

Back