Welcome To aBlackWeb

RZA SELLS OFF 50 PERCENT OF HIS WU-TANG CLAN & SOLO CATALOGS

Maybe he sold the rights to the lesser known music hes done like Killarmy or 8 diagrams lol. Will be interesting to see the deal details if they come.

I wonder if he sold C.R.E.A.M. and if he did, how much did he get for that particular song?

What do you guys think, would $20 Million for C.R.E.A.M. be a good deal on RZA's part?

He sold his portion of the wu tang songs. This dont have anything to do with other Wu members I think
debatable. RZA probably has 50% on the songs he produced, even if he's not featured. so if he's selling his portion of a solo album from each artist, and he didn't even mention it to them or offer them the chance to buy it, I can see some more Wu beef breaking out.

I wanna know what the hell this Merck Mercuriadis dude and Hipgnosis Songs is up to....

Whatever it is people better not be jumping out their skin when shit hits the fan!

Rza, No ID and whoever else seem to be doing this of their own volition, so yeah if you hear "Triumph" being played over some Cheerios commercial in 10 years time, Dame Dash better chill with culture vulture rhetoric... These guys basically decided to sell out and take the bag!

Which is sad in itself smh

Whatever it is people better not be jumping out their skin when shit hits the fan!

Rza, No ID and whoever else seem to be doing this of their own volition, so yeah if you hear "Triumph" being played over some Cheerios commercial in 10 years time, Dame Dash better chill with culture vulture rhetoric... These guys basically decided to sell out and take the bag!

Which is sad in itself smh
Well remember dudes called broke artists bums....

And wasn't we laughing at jazo on the subway looking sad?

We like to see defeat but frown on selling out.

This needs to change

Well remember dudes called broke artists bums....

And wasn't we laughing at jazo on the subway looking sad?

We like to see defeat but frown on selling out.

This needs to change

I have no issues with these artists selling their catalogues. They made the artwork so let them do them.

What I'm calling out is the way if this doesn't go to plan down the line, how suddenly the purchaser of the artwork gets called out when all they were really doing was a simple business transaction.
Like I said, people can't get mad when they hear their favorite hip-hop song being used in a way they don't like... Blame the artist who knowingly and willing relinquished their ownership for the bag that's all

I have no issues with these artists selling their catalogues. They made the artwork so let them do them.

What I'm calling out is the way if this doesn't go to plan down the line, how suddenly the purchaser of the artwork gets called out when all they were really doing was a simple business transaction.
Like I said, people can't get mad when they hear their favorite hip-hop song being used in a way they don't like... Blame the artist who knowingly and willing relinquished their ownership for the bag that's all

Yeah, at least RZA waited long enough to receive royalties for 25+ years and then he sold it.

Some rappers sell their mechanical royalties and publishing as soon as they get in the game. They buy a Bentley and a mansion, but they don't receive royalties from their music so they have to spend the rest of their life touring because they don't get royalties.

On a side note, I saw a Sir Mix A lot video. He had he's made over $100 Million from Baby Got Back.

RZA is a dude whose business acumen I trust. If he did it, he must have a good reason

I don't know why. Rza made a pretty smart deal when he got all the members their own contracts. Other than that, he hasn't done the best businesswise. Let's be real, someone like Master P did a lot more with a lot less talent. Rza is a talented artist, but he's probably an ok businessman at best.

What's better $1M per year for 70 years or $40M right now?

Depends on your situation. If you're already rich, the first option will keep our fam guaranteed to be well off for a couple generations after you're gone. Hell, even if you're not rich, a guaranteed mil a year will keep you in good standing and will basically ensure that you and your fam are always good. Honestly, the only reason I can think of that the $40 up front would be better is if you're trying to ball out or have some big investment that you need a lot of money up front for.

Wu stans bout to be in shambles once they hear shame on a nigga remix featuring China Mac and Beiber
View attachment 345020
tenor.gif

Back