Welcome To aBlackWeb

Russia gymnast coach wants rule changed after Simone Biles wins for the 6th time

I know people will dismiss this shit as just racism, and honestly, it's partially that, but I do get where they are trying to come from. All those Eastern European countries are big on grace and poise and when they could do all the tricks just as well as everyone else, that extra polish carried them to wins. Now that these new black gymnasts are coming along and doing techniques that those little eastern euro girls can't even do, they are basically being phased out. This is basically just their desperate attempt at not becoming irrelevant in like the one sport that they were running for a long time.

I guarantee we're going to see the same thing from black people when breakdancing becomes an Olympic sport. We already see it with the Red Bull competitions. Basically, those Asians be killing it because they do all the fancy tricks, where a lot of the black BBoys have been more about the actual dancing and keeping it true to the culture. I've seen older heads make basically the exact argument these gymnast coaches make about the scoring rules for breakdancing.

No mention of the specific rules she wants changed?

Headline doesn’t match the rest of the story

“Russian coach whines about black athleticism” would have still got clicks without being inaccurate

I'd guess they want the scoring changed so that the competitors don't get as many points for difficult tricks. Their argument is that Simone is only winning because she's doing hard shit. I don't think people understand how much of a beast Simone is. Like she's got multiple techniques that only she has ever done and accomplished a few more that have never been done by women.

'Them folks" have a history of doing this type of thing.

Did it with Tiger when he first won the Masters.

I believe they actually called it........."tiger-proofing".............the golf courses.

Tiger would've probably won at least 10 Masters if they didn't switch it up on him.

If she goes back into history, a lot of the moves that the eastern European bloc was doing back in the Cold War days were outlawed or had to be changed. Mainly because they were doing off the wall and dangerous moves. It does has some racial tones, but at the same time with also the rise of China and other nations, Russia and the Eastern bloc don't have the grip on the sport like they used to.

I know people will dismiss this shit as just racism, and honestly, it's partially that, but I do get where they are trying to come from. All those Eastern European countries are big on grace and poise and when they could do all the tricks just as well as everyone else, that extra polish carried them to wins. Now that these new black gymnasts are coming along and doing techniques that those little eastern euro girls can't even do, they are basically being phased out. This is basically just their desperate attempt at not becoming irrelevant in like the one sport that they were running for a long time.

I guarantee we're going to see the same thing from black people when breakdancing becomes an Olympic sport. We already see it with the Red Bull competitions. Basically, those Asians be killing it because they do all the fancy tricks, where a lot of the black BBoys have been more about the actual dancing and keeping it true to the culture. I've seen older heads make basically the exact argument these gymnast coaches make about the scoring rules for breakdancing.
I get where she's coming from too. And there is some legitimacy to it, because she's entitled to her opinion. But she went about this all wrong. Her criticisms are really for how gymnastics is judged, but she made it personal about SB. The rules for gymnasts are archaic and were put in place at a time before they could even fathom someone as strong as athletic as SB competing.

But guess what? Them is the rules!!!!! Get with it or get left behind. It's like Popovich when he used to complain about the flurry of 3 pointers in the game today. At the same time that nigga was complaining...he was signing niggas like Danny Green and having him set records for the most 3 pointers in NBA finals history. Nobody give a fuck about your personal feelings about how the sport SHOULD be played. It is what it is. Do something about it or STFU.

Don't try to make SB the poster-child for all things wrong with gymnastics.

I think a different argument is being presented with break dancing. It has evolved. The critisim mainly comes from people not thinking it is Olympic worthy.

I could be wrong but that is what I read a while ago when it was mentioned it was being included to the olympics.

• Ether
Reactions: GNS
I get where she's coming from too. And there is some legitimacy to it, because she's entitled to her opinion. But she went about this all wrong. Her criticisms are really for how gymnastics is judged, but she made it personal about SB. The rules for gymnasts are archaic and were put in place at a time before they could even fathom someone as strong as athletic as SB competing.

But guess what? Them is the rules!!!!! Get with it or get left behind. It's like Popovich when he used to complain about the flurry of 3 pointers in the game today. At the same time that nigga was complaining...he was signing niggas like Danny Green and having him set records for the most 3 pointers in NBA finals history. Nobody give a fuck about your personal feelings about how the sport SHOULD be played. It is what it is. Do something about it or STFU.

Don't try to make SB the poster-child for all things wrong with gymnastics.

Facts, and that's why I can't remove racism from this discussion. We all know if some Russian chick was killing it like SB, she still might not like the change that gymnastics is taking but she wouldn't be calling for rule changes.

I think a different argument is being presented with break dancing. It has evolved. The critisim mainly comes from people not thinking it is Olympic worthy.

I could be wrong but that is what I read a while ago when it was mentioned it was being included to the olympics.

Sorry, I mixed thoughts. I believe we'll see contention when it pops up in the Olympics, but the actual argument I mentioned came from the Red Bull competitions. Once the Asians really got into it and made the breaking all about pulling off tricks, the old school BBoys came out with a similar argument to what this chick is making. To be fair, it wasn't about race at all with them. They really did just have a problem with the style of breaking that focused so heavily on tricks.

I do remember seeing on IG that some Russian girl used to stand on the bar or some shit and they outlawed it because it was too dangerous but the post was saying it was because Americans simply couldn’t do it.

This seems like that.

Bet alot yall dont know back flips in figure skating was banned because a black woman(Surya Bonal) was dominating with the move, So its a method to why she Russian coach is complaining to change the rules in a way that benefits them.

Bet alot yall dont know back flips in figure skating was banned because a black woman(Surya Bonal) was dominating with the move, So its a method to why she Russian coach is complaining to change the rules in a way that benefits them.
It was banned for being too dangerous.

Back