Welcome To aBlackWeb

Rosebar D.C promoter gets dragged, accused of colorism

yawn-23.gif

Lol y’all missing the point on purpose now. When did bar girls become sexual exploitation? Cuz they got on tight clothes?

Niggas turned bar girls into hoes immediately and y’all was just rolling with it

Bruh, stop it. They weren't called hoes (at least not initially. I haven't read all the posts in here). It was pointed out that they were being sexualized. There is no way you can look at the picture in the OP and say that's not true. As someone who used to bar and lounge hop every other week in DC and actually got to know quite a few of the bartenders well, that's exactly the mindset at those places when it comes to how they present their women employees. And those chicks go with it because they know what kinda money they can make. I do believe there has to be some colorism at play here because there is no way in hell they are implementing a fair hiring policy in the DC metro area and don't have any even medium brown chicks in the mix. But you're just being disingenuous if you're acting like the sexualization isn't part of the feature at that bar. You can come to the city, and it's pretty easy to tell which bars are banking on that and which aren't.

Bruh, stop it. They weren't called hoes (at least not initially. I haven't read all the posts in here). It was pointed out that they were being sexualized. There is no way you can look at the picture in the OP and say that's not true. As someone who used to bar and lounge hop every other week in DC and actually got to know quite a few of the bartenders well, that's exactly the mindset at those places when it comes to how they present their women employees. And those chicks go with it because they know what kinda money they can make. I do believe there has to be some colorism at play here because there is no way in hell they are implementing a fair hiring policy in the DC metro area and don't have any even medium brown chicks in the mix. But you're just being disingenuous if you're acting like the sexualization isn't part of the feature at that bar. You can come to the city, and it's pretty easy to tell which bars are banking on that and which aren't.

Bruh, he didn't deserve this response.

I figured he was being dense for dense sake.

I never said it wasn’t a part at all I stated pretty women bring in money and interest that why we have cheerleaders bar girls and ring girls. But because they make money off sex appeal does not mean they being exploited that was my whole point. If runway models said they wanted to be represented more would niggas be saying they just want to be exploited? That it

I never said it wasn’t a part at all I stated pretty women bring in money and interest that why we have cheerleaders bar girls and ring girls. But because they make money off sex appeal does not mean they being exploited that was my whole point. If runway models said they wanted to be represented more would niggas be saying they just want to be exploited? That it

Being a model is not the same.

You can’t make that connect

What do you think it means to be exploited? The companies are using those women and their sex appeal to bring customers in and make money. Those women don't have a choice what they wear or how they operate if they work there. They are being exploited. That doesn't mean they aren't willing participants or that they aren't getting anything out of it. Plenty of people in Hollywood, the music industry, etc... were exploited but still got rich and famous in the process.

Back