Welcome To aBlackWeb

Breaking News Rosalynn Carter, former First Lady passes away.

grYmes

The price of a brick goin up…

Former first lady Rosalynn Carter, the wife of former President Jimmy Carter and a devoted advocate for mental health, died peacefully at home Sunday, the Carter Center announced. She was 96.

"Rosalynn was my equal partner in everything I ever accomplished," Jimmy Carter said in a statement. "She gave me wise guidance and encouragement when I needed it. As long as Rosalynn was in the world, I always knew somebody loved and supported me."

She is survived by her children -- Jack, Chip, Jeff and Amy; 11 grandchildren and 14 great-grandchildren, the Carter Center said.

"Besides being a loving mother and extraordinary First Lady, my mother was a great humanitarian in her own right," Chip Carter said. "Her life of service and compassion was an example for all Americans. She will be sorely missed not only by our family but by the many people who have better mental health care and access to resources for caregiving today."

Rosalynn Carter entered hospice care at home in November 2023, six months after she was diagnosed with dementia, the Carter Center announced at the time. Her husband had been in hospice care at home since February that same year.

Mrs. Carter served as the country's first lady during her husband's only term as U.S. president, from 1977 to 1981. The former first lady carved out a profound role at the White House, serving as an envoy abroad and as a political surrogate to her husband. She also raised four children, 12 grandchildren and 13 great-grandchildren.

In 1982, Jimmy and Rosalynn Carter founded The Carter Center, a nonprofit devoted to advancing human rights and alleviating human suffering, shortly after Jimmy Carter lost his reelection bid to Ronald Reagan.

RIP, Jimmy Carter seems to be not to far behind her. Crazy how that happens. This thread might double as his passing announcement soon.

RIP.

I can see this being the last thing that kept Jimmy alive. Wouldn’t be surprised if his heart is broken, and he just gives out too.

Back