Welcome To aBlackWeb

Robert Glasper claims that Lauryn Hill stole Miseducation

So y’all gonna let this niggas rant affect your thoughts on the Miseducation as an album?

Y’all niggas weird

some of us just needed an excuse to discredit lauryn, shut up

i really dont care I just wanted to fuck with goldie

So y’all gonna let this niggas rant affect your thoughts on the Miseducation as an album?

Y’all niggas weird
I haven't seen anyone say it affects how they view the album, just how they view Lauryn. A great album is still a great album, doesn't matter if it was written by Lauryn Hill or by Michael Jackson, Snoop Dogg and a drunk 3 year old in that respect.

Kinda super late to hear something like this, and who she steal from ?? Just because she didn't write it doesn't mean she stole it
some dude on another website claimed that he was contacted by Lauryn a couple of years ago to do a short film because he just won an award for it and he was a pretty good young independent filmmaker.

He said Lauryn wanted to pay him short to nothing and wanted all credit for several movies he wrote and that he should just hand them over to her.

If they win awards it should say nothing of him in the credits and only her. She said she would not even contribute to the process.

Dude left quick and told everybody not to fuck with her.

He recently had an interview on one of the Sirius jazz stations that I fuck with. I'm more surprised that I'm just hearing about this Robert Glasper guy when he's been up and down hip for years. If it's true, fuck it, Lauryn ain't above reproach.

I love the album but anybody still buying tickets for a Lauryn Hill show after hearing all of the stories about her being 2-4 hours late (or performing a song and a half), is insane.

Tell that to the people who paid 50k to see a 2017 Ja rule and blink 182 in a tent at fyre festival

This is just a reiteration of what I thought was common knowledge!

She went through a lawsuit that dragged for a couple years (back in 01) and had to break off producers and songwriters approximately $5 million.

The reason I think she never released another LP was b/c she thought she couldn't live up to the success of "Miseducation". She would also need A LOT of help to construct an album plus the fact that many songwriters/producers are leary of her.

Last edited:
I went to a lauren hill concert years ago.

She came on stage with some crazy makeup on and looked like a clown.

And then she kept fighting her band on stage. She would turn around while singing and talk shit to the band bout being louder, then go fast, then tell them to slow down.

Shit was hilarious.

I knew she bad lost it then.

Miseducation still goat though.

I never really cared for the album to be honest. It's not that its bad. It's just that I wanted more of her work on The Score and she gave us...not that.

Tell that to the people who paid 50k to see a 2017 Ja rule and blink 182 in a tent at fyre festival

The only difference is those people didn't know what they were going to experience until after they got there. We've all heard the stories about Lauryn being late to shows.

Back