Welcome To aBlackWeb

Story itself in this is mediocre at best and the love angle was crazy forced in this. Would also been nice to show what caused Dalton to have that trauma where he loses it when he's angry.

A plus was how they shot the fight scenes. Those were dope.

Story itself in this is mediocre at best and the love angle was crazy forced in this. Would also been nice to show what caused Dalton to have that trauma where he loses it when he's angry.

A plus was how they shot the fight scenes. Those were dope.
The fight scenes that would cut to a person's POV was dope.

I'll watch later.. but lol

The OG movie made me wanna be a bouncer

never seen the original but this had some good fight scenes. Mcgregor hammed it up but the film overall was entertaining enough

Has anyone explained what was going on w McGregor in the interview?? He was constantly twitching and shrugging his shoulders. Some said drugs, others say bad hangover? Some saying CTE? Some a nervous tick? I have no clue and was looking for a genuine conclusion.

Has anyone explained what was going on w McGregor in the interview?? He was constantly twitching and shrugging his shoulders. Some said drugs, others say bad hangover? Some saying CTE? Some a nervous tick? I have no clue and was looking for a genuine conclusion.
This one?

And Scott Adkins is way too nice to be complaining about regular niggaz needing CGI for their fight scenes... Talking about punching down

Rocky Road

PRAISE: The original Roadhouse starring the late great Patrick Swayze is the go to fun, intense, action and memorable one liner movies of all time. I respect this 2024 version for trying to be it's own thing. Changing things up with the background of the main character and the settings. This versions story Ex-UFC fighter Dalton takes a job as a bouncer at a Florida Keys roadhouse, only to discover that this paradise is not all it seems.
I thought Jake Gyllenhaal delivered a good and subdued but ready for action performance. As Ben Brandt, Billy Magnussen is funny as a jerk off living in his daddy's shadow and wanting to take over the Roadhouse.Conor McGregor as Knox, a sociopath is a cartoon character, complete with a Popeye stance and walk and he was entertaining for the most part. The action sequences are well done for the most part and I can see why Director Doug Liman wanted his movie to be seen on the big screen some would have definitely looked great on an IMAX screen. There are a few funny one liners.

PROBLEMS: The romantic part of the story with Ellie (Daniela Melchior) is watered down almost literally. Some of the fight scenes feel muted and over choreographed. I can almost see the director saying when you raise your left leg I want you to tilt and......
So many other characters are underwritten and I never really go to know them enough to care about them.

Scale of 1 to 10 a 7½

9e9decaf839e2fef8df44530c30e0ac0a0afe01f.gifv

a74a63ed933e2b085784ac27e07cfb513a6b7169.gifv

Back