Welcome To aBlackWeb

RIP Shock G

The Netflix documentary Hiphop Evolution...he was interviewed and broke down in tears when reminiscing about 2Pac

That scene stayed with me ...

My heroes and icons are dying as I age myself...

rip.

A great long read from 2017

Part 9: Changes
Shock G: The last time I ever saw Tupac alive is a magical story that almost sounds like fiction and it’s not. But that year that Pac died, that August, LL Cool J was doing a show at the House of Blues; the opening act was Outkast. Me and my four dudes, we get back to where the green room area is, they’re tripping on who they’re talking to. When they announce LL, I sneak away. Fuck all this smooching. I sneak away to get a good shot of the show. It was a dark area against the back wall of the middle of the House of Blues on the upper deck way to the extreme rear of the room. And I posted there. I’m against the wall and suddenly I look and Pac walks up. And I was like, “Yo, what the deal? What the fuck you doing here?” And before we could really say too much, Money-B walks up. “Yo, you’re here too. What the fuck are you doing here?” And we all answered each other’s sentence as we said it: “To see LL, nigga!” And then we stood there with our backs against the wall in the extreme rear of the place. And we all just stood there and rhymed along to LL’s show.

We had all shook our entourages to go catch LL, just like that. And that was the last time the three of us were ever together. The last time me and Mon saw Pac alive. And just when I think about that as a goodbye [crying] … That shit’s heavy. That’s shit’s so fucking heavy. Me, him and Mon. Backs against the wall in the worst seats in the house. Jumping every word to LL’s show. I can’t think of anything else besides that was some kind of angel putting us together to say peace in the right way. You know. Like kids at a concert together. That was my last vision of Pac, disappearing into the crowd. We all went our separate ways and that was it.

Check the baseline at the bridge around 2:18

then listen to the bass on Humpty Dumpty

I hope he did get some bread off the song... But The Humpy Dance sampled three different songs, so one of the them would have prolly got any money if Britney Spears sampled the tune...

Back