Welcome To aBlackWeb

RIP Shock G

Check the baseline at the bridge around 2:18

then listen to the bass on Humpty Dumpty

Don't really hear it and can't find the samples for the beat.

I found a song where the Spice Girls sampled The Humpty Dance

great now I'm listening to Britney Spears and The Spice Girls records

Can't lie that Baby Hit me One More Time still slaps

Last edited:
Cats was Silly
[IMG]
After 25 years i still see new pix of pac

He made it cool to make fun of yourself in hip-hop and have a good time. I don't think anybody had tried that duality as Humpty in hip-hop as a character or MC (maybe Em but thats giving too much credit). His production was ahead of its time with the funk samples and his piano riffs.
Before busta, redman and other silly mcs there was Shock G with a whole alter ego

Can't forget Biz Markie,but there's probably still ppl arguing about if Shock G and Humpty were 2 different ppl
Biz was always Biz... he was consistent with the comedy. Shock was the serious persona, Humpty was the comedic alter ego. Kool Keith and Redman are the closest to originating that style, but they came out after Shock G.

damn I didnt know he produced So Many Tears

Duh,that and I get around. "I was the man that put the Piano behind Tupac" - Shock (G)enius. This was one of the few people in Hip-Hop that I wanted to meet. Thug Angel is the best Tupac documentary to date mainly because the Shock G interview.

RIP. This has been a personal worst year in my 34+ year life. In hip hop alone we've been getting bombarded with bad news upon bad news. Does anyone know what he died from? Sounds like it was sudden.

Biz was always Biz... he was consistent with the comedy. Shock was the serious persona, Humpty was the comedic alter ego. Kool Keith and Redman are the closest to originating that style, but they came out after Shock G.
I was just talking about the silly MC part not really the alter ego part,but Shock had one of the best image/gimmicks ever.

The fact that he had a whole other voice was wild.

he sounded like if snaggle puss and slick Rick's voices merged together.

Back