Welcome To aBlackWeb

RIP Mac Miller

Yo I have had 2009 on repeat all day ....I ain’t been checking for his lately but that track is a winner

I was listening to Swimming religiously before he passed, but now a lot of it just seems so much more ominous. I'm glad I was up on his music before he died because his talent was much more than people gave him credit for.

Idk if he OD'd on purpose but it seems like people keep giving us signs in their music and we just think it's entertainment. Chaz, from Linkin Park, for example. LP's whole discography is Chester crying for help and I just thought it sounded good. Smh.

People, in general, need to do better with recognizing the signs and get those you respect, admire and love the help they deserve.

Whix
I was listening to Swimming religiously before he passed, but now a lot of it just seems so much more ominous. I'm glad I was up on his music before he died because his talent was much more than people gave him credit for.

Idk if he OD'd on purpose but it seems like people keep giving us signs in their music and we just think it's entertainment. Chaz, from Linkin Park, for example. LP's whole discography is Chester crying for help and I just thought it sounded good. Smh.

People, in general, need to do better with recognizing the signs and get those you respect, admire and love the help they deserve.
Which songs did you feel that mostly on?

The first song -- Come Back To Earth. Dunno, Wings, Perfecto, 2009. Plus, there's just some bars scattered throughout that have a little more gravitas to them since he died.
Those were the same songs I noticed and even the last song just felt like a errie conclusion to his...life. I heard the album after he died but was told to check it out before he did just been busy with work and my own art.

But listening to the album and looking at his cover art and the ending of the project just felt like this is it for him. Like he knew it. Not saying he killed his self but I felt he knew his time was nearing the end unfortunately.

I'm just hurt for his family, friends and ultimately him not beating his demons. It sucks because dude was one of the few young artists out now that cherish art over fam and not that dumb ass "clout" shit. I'm sad music in general are losing true artists or artists that aspire to create art rather just appealing to current social trends and fitting in. Mac Miller was against that shit .

Last edited:
hate I wasnt really up on him now that im hearing some shit

hate it worse that dying blows you up like that

he about to sell and stream more than he ever did alive

If you ever get a chance just go back and start at all his earlier shit and listen up until now, you'll be amazed bruh.

Thats why the shit is so fucked up. I aint know dude personally but I seen him grow through his music. I was rocking w/ him when he was the happy upbeat kid who just rapped about smoking weed and made music that appeased to the college crowd and still fucked w/ him whenever his music took on a much more serious tone and evolved into something much deeper.

They petitioning to get the park in Pittsburgh that he named his Blueside Park album after named to Mac Miller Blue Slide Park. The mayor said he that he would like to make the change but it'll take some time cause you gotta wait atleast 3 years after someone passes to name something after them

Speaking of Blueside Park this my favorite cut on that album, I always go back to this shit

& that beat was crazy

Streams for miller went up 970%
If you ever get a chance just go back and start at all his earlier shit and listen up until now, you'll be amazed bruh.

Thats why the shit is so fucked up. I aint know dude personally but I seen him grow through his music. I was rocking w/ him when he was the happy upbeat kid who just rapped about smoking weed and made music that appeased to the college crowd and still fucked w/ him whenever his music took on a much more serious tone and evolved into something much deeper.
This is what I'm doing currently and I do remember him being so happy when he first came out.

Who remembers that freestyle from Myspace get It on the floor that was my first time hearing him now that I went back.

This was my shit and always made me feel happy being a senior a high school.

its kinda sad he gave up on his friend . but im not juding him for it. Some people will stand by your side through your struggles, others will choose the Wiz route. Nothing wrong with either

Back