Welcome To aBlackWeb

RIP Coolio

NO WAY!!! RIP...

This is devastating news, Coolio has a special connection to my childhood and entry into hip hop, his Gangstas Paradise single was one of the first CDs that I bought with my own pocket money... I was about 9yr or 10yr and played that that single over and over again nonstop for months, it had 3 tracks: Gangstas Paradise, Fantastic Voyage, and Mama Im In Love With A Gangsta...

We use the word legend and icon loosely but Coolio really was an icon, superstar, legend and all of that... Especially in Europe, he was a household name over here as even old and middle aged women who didnt even know what hip hop was knew who Coolio was because of Gangstas Paradise and Dangerous Minds etc he was constantly on the radio and TV, almost daily at one point...

He was a serious MC too with solo and group classics... Him and Pac spittin paradise now... RIP...

Stream Coolio Speaking on 2 Pac by Coolio | Listen online for free on  SoundCloud

Last edited:
It's crazy remembering how big Coolio was in the 90s. I mean at one point he was everywhere with hit song after hit song and parlayed that into some legitimate crossover success in tv and movies all while being who he was. If I remember correctly there was an actual sitcom developed around him that an actual pilot was shot for. That's how big he was.

It's crazy remembering how big Coolio was in the 90s. I mean at one point he was everywhere with hit song after hit song and parlayed that into some legitimate crossover success in tv and movies all while being who he was. If I remember correctly there was an actual sitcom developed around him that an actual pilot was shot for. That's how big he was.

Supposed to be a Malcolm and Eddie spinoff called "Daddio"

Back