Welcome To aBlackWeb

Rhino Poacher Killed by Elephant and Eaten by Lions

MoeW

Rhino Poacher Killed by Elephant and Eaten by Lions, Officials Say

A man suspected of being a rhino poacher was killed last week by an elephant and his remains devoured by a pride of lions at a South African park, officials said.

Rangers at Kruger National Park and other searchers found only a human skull and a pair of pants, the park said in a statement on Friday.

Four of the dead man’s accomplices were arrested, the authorities said.

The man’s accomplices told his relatives that they had been in the park to poach rhinos on Tuesday night when he was killed by an elephant, local officials said.

A search party, including rangers on foot and members of the park’s air wing, searched the area that was described by the family but could not find the body because light was fading, the statement said. Searchers found the remains on Thursday morning.

The managing executive of the park, Glenn Phillips, offered his condolences to the family of the dead man, who was not identified.

“Entering Kruger National Park illegally and on foot is not wise,” he said in the statement. “It holds many dangers and this incident is evidence of that.”

Mr. Phillips said it was sad to see the daughters of the man “mourning the loss of their father, and worse still, only being able to recover very little of his remains.”

Kruger National Park advertises itself as offering “an African safari adventure of a lifetime.” At nearly two million hectares, it is the largest national reserve in South Africa, according to its website, which added that it was home to animals such as lions, elephants, rhinoceroses, leopards and African buffaloes.

Last July, rangers and police officers said that as many as three men suspected of being rhino poachers had been killed by lions at a South African game preserve.

Rhino horn is worth about $9,000 per pound in Asia, driving a lucrative and illicit trade. It is a prized ingredient in traditional Chinese medicine and is considered a status symbol.

“It’s one of the most expensive wildlife products on the illegal market and that’s why these poachers go after it,” Michael Slattery, founder of the Texas Christian University Rhino Initiative, said on Sunday. “The current prices for a rhino horn are anywhere from $15,000 to $50,000 a kilogram. They are seeing dollar signs. It is more expensive than gold and cocaine, so the demand is driving these poachers.”

South Africa is home to about 20,000 wild rhinos, more than 80 percent of the world’s population. About one-third of the animals are owned by private breeders.

Since 2008, more than 7,000 rhinos have been hunted illegally, with 1,028 killed in 2017, according to the South African Department of Environmental Affairs.

The poachers can get more money if they can deliver a complete rhino horn, but to get a full rhino horn they have to kill the animal, Professor Slattery said. Poachers drug the rhinos and then use a machete to “hack away at the face,” he said. The rhinos then bleed to death.

A rhino horn, which is made of 100 percent keratin, or the equivalent of compressed hair, provides no health benefits to humans.

Still, people grind up the horn and use it in a drink in a misguided effort to reduce fevers and cure hangovers, among other things. Rhino horns are also given as gifts, Professor Slattery said.

“That equation pretty quickly tips over to these animals disappearing before our eyes,” he said.

dfc02fa0-2d6c-0133-71d9-0a67ec7fcf67.jpg

The reserve paid out money to the poachers family bcuz he had daughters.

They did not need to but did anyway

Rhino Poacher Killed by Elephant and Eaten by Lions, Officials Say

A man suspected of being a rhino poacher was killed last week by an elephant and his remains devoured by a pride of lions at a South African park, officials said.

Rangers at Kruger National Park and other searchers found only a human skull and a pair of pants, the park said in a statement on Friday.

Four of the dead man’s accomplices were arrested, the authorities said.

The man’s accomplices told his relatives that they had been in the park to poach rhinos on Tuesday night when he was killed by an elephant, local officials said.

A search party, including rangers on foot and members of the park’s air wing, searched the area that was described by the family but could not find the body because light was fading, the statement said. Searchers found the remains on Thursday morning.

The managing executive of the park, Glenn Phillips, offered his condolences to the family of the dead man, who was not identified.

“Entering Kruger National Park illegally and on foot is not wise,” he said in the statement. “It holds many dangers and this incident is evidence of that.”

Mr. Phillips said it was sad to see the daughters of the man “mourning the loss of their father, and worse still, only being able to recover very little of his remains.”

Kruger National Park advertises itself as offering “an African safari adventure of a lifetime.” At nearly two million hectares, it is the largest national reserve in South Africa, according to its website, which added that it was home to animals such as lions, elephants, rhinoceroses, leopards and African buffaloes.

Last July, rangers and police officers said that as many as three men suspected of being rhino poachers had been killed by lions at a South African game preserve.

Rhino horn is worth about $9,000 per pound in Asia, driving a lucrative and illicit trade. It is a prized ingredient in traditional Chinese medicine and is considered a status symbol.

“It’s one of the most expensive wildlife products on the illegal market and that’s why these poachers go after it,” Michael Slattery, founder of the Texas Christian University Rhino Initiative, said on Sunday. “The current prices for a rhino horn are anywhere from $15,000 to $50,000 a kilogram. They are seeing dollar signs. It is more expensive than gold and cocaine, so the demand is driving these poachers.”

South Africa is home to about 20,000 wild rhinos, more than 80 percent of the world’s population. About one-third of the animals are owned by private breeders.

Since 2008, more than 7,000 rhinos have been hunted illegally, with 1,028 killed in 2017, according to the South African Department of Environmental Affairs.

The poachers can get more money if they can deliver a complete rhino horn, but to get a full rhino horn they have to kill the animal, Professor Slattery said. Poachers drug the rhinos and then use a machete to “hack away at the face,” he said. The rhinos then bleed to death.

A rhino horn, which is made of 100 percent keratin, or the equivalent of compressed hair, provides no health benefits to humans.

Still, people grind up the horn and use it in a drink in a misguided effort to reduce fevers and cure hangovers, among other things. Rhino horns are also given as gifts, Professor Slattery said.

“That equation pretty quickly tips over to these animals disappearing before our eyes,” he said.

The main question is was he black? If he was white south african id not give a fuck

Why would him being black make a difference in this case. Poachers of any color are shitty. Ya'll niggas make me sick with that bullshit sometimes.

Nigga acting like a bitch again. Im going to be a little more lenient on a native doing this because i would look at like a nigga in the hood who started hustling and got met with a very real consequence of hustling.

If it was some white trash south african dude i would have less empathy based soley on race and history. You going to say its all type of hypocritical and thats mo surprise.

Nigga acting like a bitch again. Im going to be a little more lenient on a native doing this because i would look at like a nigga in the hood who started hustling and got met with a very real consequence of hustling.

If it was some white trash south african dude i would have less empathy based soley on race and history. You going to say its all type of hypocritical and thats mo surprise.
What if he was half n half?

:oreally:

As usual you sound stupid. Do you expect your guests to respect your house more than the people who live there? The people that live there are the ones that get no leeway for breaking the rules because they no the deal.

Check the people that run the parks in the Serengeti. They don't give a fuck what color you are. If you get caught poaching, you getting shot. That's how it's supposed to be. Silly ass nigga talking about he gives passes to the people fucking up their own spots. What kinda backwards ass shit is that? That's part of the reason property value is so low in Black areas because the common perception is that Blacks don't even value their own shit.

As usual you sound stupid. Do you expect your guests to respect your house more than the people who live there? The people that live there are the ones that get no leeway for breaking the rules because they no the deal.

Check the people that run the parks in the Serengeti. They don't give a fuck what color you are. If you get caught poaching, you getting shot. That's how it's supposed to be. Silly ass nigga talking about he gives passes to the people fucking up their own spots. What kinda backwards ass shit is that? That's part of the reason property value is so low in Black areas because the common perception is that Blacks don't even value their own shit.

You being waaaaay to extreme tone it down. I never said if they wete black i would screaming for their innocence saying its a miscarry or justice or that they were good dudes caught up in the game or whatever. All im saying is i would be more saddened by the situation and be like damn sad it had to be some brothers that did it.

Just like when we see a crime on tv and you hope the criminals arent black. You adding all this other shit in like i defending their actions. Bitch ass nigga.

Wouldn't got shit from me. You poaching on my property and mother nature get ahold of you that's on you
Yea i wasnt sure how to feel about it when i read it.

I like everyone else think its kinda funny and he got what he deserved. But the reserve still saw past his crime and looked at his family that will suffer bcuz their provider is gone.

They are better ppl than me

Yea i wasnt sure how to feel about it when i read it.

I like everyone else think its kinda funny and he got what he deserved. But the reserve still saw past his crime and looked at his family that will suffer bcuz their provider is gone.

They are better ppl than me

I mean is it that hard for people to feel sorry for the family. He already got what he deserved while i wouldnt expect the reserve to help the family i think morally its the right thing to do. Somebody is probably going to look at it like a reward but its not

Wouldnt happen in America is all im sayin. Nobody payin out shit unless the court forces them

Maybe their was some confusion in my post or i shouldve used less words. This wasnt too me about blacks valuing things or whatever or even excusing dude of his actions.

Wouldnt happen in America is all im sayin. Nobody payin out shit unless the court forces them

Well i mean we are a money driven society niggas dont even want to give homeless people money. And a criminal getting killed in the act of a crime in america even if its a small crime people tend to say fuck it and not care about the family.

Now yes he knew the penalty and the risk and ultimately put his family livelihood at risk.

Back