Welcome To aBlackWeb

Retail workers are quitting at record rates for higher-paying work: ‘My life isn’t worth a dead-end job’

this country (as its committed to its trajectory and structure) needs illegal immigrants

the average laborer wouldn't be able to afford many groceries without em...then the fact that rural white America is literally dying away...jus think of all these revenue and tax dead zones all throughout the country and the implications
of that in the next decade let along decades from now... i can keep goin n going n goin

this illegal immigrant shit aint stopping cause it cant stop...all the political talk is grandstanding....

A lot of people won't admin that illegals are mostly working jobs that most Americans don't want to do....If anyone is worried about an illegal taking their job then more than likely you might want to gain some additional skills....

Listen pal, it's a fucking problem when people are paying $5 for a loaf of goddammit bread.

Got it. So you don't want to pay the grocery store clerk who is working in a deadly pandemic extra which is factored in that cost of bread? What about the workers that make the bread who, once again, are working in a deadly pandemic?

And besides all that...if enough people are willing to pay $5 for a loaf of bread then suppliers are going to charge $5 for a loaf of bread. Maybe there's a cheaper loaf available at the store.

Again labor shortages, supply shortages, etc. gets passed down to the consumer eventually. Why complain when it happens?

Got it. So you don't want to pay the grocery store clerk who is working in a deadly pandemic extra which is factored in that cost of bread? What about the workers that make the bread who, once again, are working in a deadly pandemic?

And besides all that...if enough people are willing to pay $5 for a loaf of bread then suppliers are going to charge $5 for a loaf of bread. Maybe there's a cheaper loaf available at the store.

Again labor shortages, supply shortages, etc. gets passed down to the consumer eventually. Why complain when it happens?
And I'm saying, maybe if CEOs and shut didn't make 99.99% more than the little guy, maybe shit wouldn't be the way it is. But we all know CEOs ain't gonna decrease their absurd wages to give to the customer/employees. You make take life laying down, I'll bitch and fight the whole way.

A lot of people won't admin that illegals are mostly working jobs that most Americans don't want to do....If anyone is worried about an illegal taking their job then more than likely you might want to gain some additional skills....

100% disagree with the bold.

Illegals are workings jobs a lot Americans won't accept the pay for that illegals will do.

That is a big ass difference. A lot of Americans will do those jobs they just won't do them for the pay that illegals are willing to.

Yall gotta stop worrying about companies thatll shut down if they gotta pay $15 an hour.

Google didnt give a fuck about Garmin going out of business when they gave away the maps app for free.

The market will dictate if a company should close or not. If your business goes out of business just because you have to pay a liveable wage, then your business wasnt meant to survive. The market decides that.

Last edited:

Well one possible solution is these company ceo's not being able to do shit like...lay off a bunch of workers while continuing to give themselves raises. That's more of the reason why that low level worker is being paid like shit than someone not wanting to pay $5 for bread

The real issue with paying a liveable wage isnt that companies will go out of business.

The real issue is that there arent any safe guards against inflation in the US. So once people get paid more, rent will go up, and so will the price of everything and now we are back to where we started.

Yall gotta stop worrying about companies thatll shit down if they gotta pay $15 an hour.

Google didnt give a fuck about Garmin going out of business when they gave away the maps app for free.

The market will dictate if a company should close or not. If your business goes out of business just because you have to pay a liveable wage, then your business wasnt meant to survive. The market decides that.

If that is really how it worked that would be cool but that isn't how it works.

The gov't bailouts showed that the market doesn't really dictate if a business survives or not. This country gov't is going to make sure certain shit survives because of who the owners of those companies and industries are paying off.

If that is really how it worked that would be cool but that isn't how it works.

The gov't bailouts showed that the market doesn't really dictate if a business survives or not. This country gov't is going to make sure certain shit survives because of who the owners of those companies and industries are paying off.

Word. But shit dont happen over night. And the govt cant really sit there and let a ton of huge companies go down over night and bring the economy down with them.

Not saying bailouts are right or good. Just saying until a better alternative is found, bailouts for huge companies will keep happening.

Now, what should happen, is that rules should be established about how govt bailout money can be spent and then an independent commision needs to go in and investigate why the company failed in the first place and force changes to happen.

A lot of people used that extra time to gain additional skllls....

Meh

I switched my career and finally reached one of my longtime goals of being a Network Administrator

I'm a salaried employee and I work Sunday through Wednesday for twelve hours and then the next week I work Sunday through Tuesday for twelve hours....working a job you like for twelve hours with all of these days off is GOAT!!!!

Technically, I only work half of the year and that goes along with 30 days of paid vacation that I might not even use...

Good shit bruh. I'm salaried too, but do get OT, and I do enjoy my job as well.

I was talking more for people that aren't in our positions. People that either have bad jobs or even good jobs, but are in a position where they can't manage to lose 1 single hour. Then their check is short, and they gotta figure out how to manage for a week or 2. To take away a whole day from them without any other means of compensation would throw their shit into a frenzy.

Well if they upped minimum damn wage and ain’t work people to death
Upping minimum wage does abosulty nothing for the person getting $14. NOTHING. They are no farther ahead than before after you factor in prices going up to cover that wage hike. Because....the company ain't gonna take a fall. They have profit margins to uphold and they goddamn will make profit which means upping prices and cutting hours. Profit margin cannot drop below 101%.

Upping minimum wage does abosulty nothing for the person getting $14. NOTHING. They are no farther ahead than before after you factor in prices going up to cover that wage hike. Because....the company ain't gonna take a fall. They have profit margins to uphold and they goddamn will make profit which means upping prices and cutting hours. Profit margin cannot drop below 101%.
The chairs or investors won’t take a hit.....ceo works to bring profits to the chairs and investors to get his own bonus.

100% disagree with the bold.

Illegals are workings jobs a lot Americans won't accept the pay for that illegals will do.

That is a big ass difference. A lot of Americans will do those jobs they just won't do them for the pay that illegals are willing to.

1624464116406.png

1624464133348.png

1624464147243.png

"Industries and occupations of U.S. legal and unauthorized immigrants

Unauthorized immigrants accounted for nearly 5% of the U.S. workforce in 2017, while legal immigrants accounted for nearly 13% of workers.

Among industries, which refer to the kind of business conducted by an employer, immigrants accounted for more than a quarter of workers in the agriculture sector, the highest of any industry. Unauthorized immigrants (14%) and legal immigrants (15%) accounted for similar shares of agriculture workers.

Compared with their share of the U.S. workforce, a relatively high share of unauthorized immigrants also worked in industries such as construction (12%), leisure and hospitality (8%), personal and other services (7%) and manufacturing (6%). While the share of U.S. legal immigrants in construction (13%) was similar to the unauthorized share, legal immigrants made up a higher share of workers in personal and other services (15%), manufacturing (14%) and leisure and hospitality (12%)"

The largest sector occupied by illegals is agricultural....How many Americans are rushing to pick vegetables and water gardens?

Furthermore, legal immigrants make up for more labor than illegals.....is there really this huge surge across industries that Americans would theoretically take?

Most of these people work in the food industry an area where millions of people all over the country that are not affected by illegal immigration are saying fuck it...

The chairs or investors won’t take a hit.....ceo works to bring profits to the chairs and investors to get his own bonus.
They barely ever do. No matter how tight or slow shit gets, they make profit margin. Profit margin is directly toed to wages paid out. Wages must be a certain % of profit. So if wages go up....

View attachment 568182

View attachment 568184

View attachment 568185

"Industries and occupations of U.S. legal and unauthorized immigrants

Unauthorized immigrants accounted for nearly 5% of the U.S. workforce in 2017, while legal immigrants accounted for nearly 13% of workers.

Among industries, which refer to the kind of business conducted by an employer, immigrants accounted for more than a quarter of workers in the agriculture sector, the highest of any industry. Unauthorized immigrants (14%) and legal immigrants (15%) accounted for similar shares of agriculture workers.

Compared with their share of the U.S. workforce, a relatively high share of unauthorized immigrants also worked in industries such as construction (12%), leisure and hospitality (8%), personal and other services (7%) and manufacturing (6%). While the share of U.S. legal immigrants in construction (13%) was similar to the unauthorized share, legal immigrants made up a higher share of workers in personal and other services (15%), manufacturing (14%) and leisure and hospitality (12%)"

The largest sector occupied by illegals is agricultural....How many Americans are rushing to pick vegetables and water gardens?

Furthermore, legal immigrants make up for more labor than illegals.....is there really this huge surge across industries that Americans would theoretically take?

Most of these people work in the food industry an area where millions of people all over the country that are not affected by illegal immigration are saying fuck it...

Changes nothing I said. It doesn't even make sense to compare an American only knowing and making dollars when they work to an legal or illegal immigrants when looking at the exchange rate between the dollar and peso for example.

The shit doesn't compare so again Americans ain't going to do those jobs for the same pay that an immigrant would because the American feels like they're being robbed without a gun for that amount pay. The immigrant feels like that amount of pay for that job is a come up considering what they were paid where they came from for possibly the same type of work.

Back