Welcome To aBlackWeb

Infamous114

305 🇳🇮
Mod Squad
20230929_031435.jpg

Following the brutal murder of a young real estate agent, a hardened detective attempts to uncover the truth in a case where nothing is as it seems, and by doing so dismantles the illusions in his own life.​

Last edited:
Decent. What happen to Jimmy Darmody? Who actually did the stabbing? The swimmer friend suddenly having valuable Intel seemed too coincidental for her not to have some follow up with her and the supposed boyfriend who is running drugs with the dead realtors husband. How long has this civil asset scheme being going on? Timberlakes new girl looks like she was going to be used for the same scheme. Decent flick, though it left many questions unanswered.

You wonder why the feds won't get rid of civil asset forfeiture because they love taking your house , car , money & tearing your shit up

Cold Blooded

PRAISE: Reptile is an involving and haunting slow burn. The murder of a realtor slowly but surely turns into much more as Benicio Del Toro's Detective Tom Nichols tries to put two and two together. Del Toro is excellent in the movie. Definitely channeling Charles Bronson and Robert Mitchum.
It was great to see him team up with Alicia Silverstone again 26 years after their last film together Excess Baggage . They have great chemistry together as a quiet but loving couple in the film.
The cast including - Judy Nichols · Justin Timberlake - Will Grady and Eric Bogosian turn in very good performances.
Director Grant Singer knows how to raise tension and suspense in key scenes especially in one scene in which the sound completely vanishes,its mainly in the dark and there's such an ominous feel to it its nearly overwhelming. Music plays a big part of the film not only for the well known songs,but the feeling of dread it gave me as one scene blends to the next.

PROBLEMS: The red herrings in the film are to on the nose. So much so I could immediately eliminate characters as suspects. 15 minutes definitely could have been shaved off the movie.

Scale of 1 to 10 a 7½

I assume them showing the FBI going to Grady meant that he did end up calling it in and reporting about the whole operation right?

Back