Welcome To aBlackWeb

Report shows predominately white school districts receive $23B more than districts w/kids of color

I know why.

They get money from the tax base and also a high graduation rate.

The graduation rate is high because they tend to push out kids who could bring the average down before 12th grade.

I learned this living in the burbs

i havent read the article yet, but i wanna see where the source of funding is coming from

If it tax revenue, then duh. Whites make more money.

It's not that simple. I've read some breakdowns about things this where they compared schools from comparable economic levels and in some cases schools in the very same district (i.e., pulling from the same tax money) and they still saw the gap. Pennsylvania was actually called out on it a few years ago because they were caught purposefully directing money that way.

It's not that simple. I've read some breakdowns about things this where they compared schools from comparable economic levels and in some cases schools in the very same district (i.e., pulling from the same tax money) and they still saw the gap. Pennsylvania was actually called out on it a few years ago because they were caught purposefully directing money that way.
That doesnt surprise me either. Saw a documentary on PBS (think it was Frontline) where white areas of that were economically better than the brown areas, wanting to redraw districts so none of their tax dollars go to those poor schools. But at the same time they were happy to take gifted athletes from those same areas they didnt want anything to do with.

Edit: Ok i found the episode i was talking about for those that want to watch, its
"Frontline - Season 32 Episode 12 - Separate and Unequal"
this is a link to a preview of the episode (its 30 seconds)
https://www.pbs.org/video/frontline-separate-and-unequal-preview/
Heres the full episode link
https://www.pbs.org/video/frontline-separate-and-unequal/

Last edited:
I think it also happened somewhere around Atlanta I believe.
The white section wanted to cede from the city to keep resources

Cities out her closing down black school left and right.

With that being said we need to teach our kids its more than school out there because you don't really learn what you need to in school.

Welp..........

There goes my theory.

Back