Welcome To aBlackWeb

Remember when you thought rap music was going to die?

Whose 15 minutes of fame did you exaggerate?

• Total voters

Soul_Rattler

Don't front. Everybody plays the fool sometimes. You thought the sky was falling and hip hop as you knew it was on the verge of complete and utter destruction, never to be revived.

I chose The White Girl Mob... I thought they were the end of rap music as we know it... but then i realized the world couldn't end twice and that Soulja Boy and Lil B already supermanned that hoe and ate it's ass out...

Alright man my soul is rattled cause Nelly is a classic artist. Even if he hasn't made the most lyrical artists he's still one of the most successful artists of all time idk about this fifteen minutes of fame thing.

uh oh.

You might be on the young side, but to see a legend like KRS ONE tell us Nelly was not real hip hop, and watch Nelly still surge to the front of pop music with a diamond album was fuckin disappointing.

For the first time, we were watching a vanguard of our culture, a door keeper, get blatantly undermined for a sing song band aid wearing gimmick with a fan base that worshipped him primarily because of his looks.

No hate. He put his city and his crew on and was wildly successful. Shit was just ass to alot of us purists.

You might be on the young side, but to see a legend like KRS ONE tell us Nelly was not real hip hop, and watch Nelly still surge to the front of pop music with a diamond album was fuckin disappointing.

For the first time, we were watching a vanguard of our culture, a door keeper, get blatantly undermined for a sing song band aid wearing gimmick with a fan base that worshipped him primarily because of his looks.

No hate. He put his city and his crew on and was wildly successful. Shit was just ass to alot of us purists.

Exactly ...The year is Summer of 2000 ...The moment Hip Hop became part of Pop Culture. It was start of changing of the guards for Hip Hop and traditional New York trendsetting influences started slowly die in the genre.

Last edited:

First time?

Soooo no one had a problem with Hammer?

Yes they did... but almost every rappers in that era had a problem with MC Hammer beside Ice T... however Nelly was different because only veteran rappers do not like what Nelly was representing and where the genre was heading.

Your recollection of the events differs from mine.

Hip hop was already well into it's new jack era, so their were already established vets in the game hating.

Your recollection of the events differs from mine.

Hip hop was already well into it's new jack era, so their were already established vets in the game hating.

I agree but Nelly peers in the 2000’s do not fired shots at Nelly... MC Hammers peers in the New Jack Swing Era fired shots at MC Hammer in the early 90’s ....

Back