Welcome To aBlackWeb

Remaining Friends w/ People Who Are Friends w/ Ur "Enemy"

Goldie

Kobe With The Pivot
Site Owner
Can/have you remained friends with people who befriend your "enemy"?

Is it safe to be friends with mfs who play both sides of the fence?

Speak on it.

I can but I'll be mindful to not say anything around them so they can't run back to tell my enemy.

Nah.

I don't care bout no "but we're grown and can pick our own friends" bs. A friend of my enemy is not a friend to either one of us. Where does your loyalty lie? We can be associates maybe, but def won't be close or best buds.

Forgive my question but at what age do you stop having enemies. I mean I understand that some of us live a life where there has to be enemies but for the most part doesn't that get left behind. I can't remember who my last enemy was it has been so long.

Yea that's why I put the word enemy in quotations, cuz the word might be alil extreme, but people fall out for many reasons, some situations are worse than others.

I have brethren that deal with others that I don't deal with. I don't have time to study what those others are doing or saying so I would never stop dealing with a brethren because they know and or deal with someone that I don't.

I tend to shed those who do not bring positivity into my life.

Being friends with someone that's friends with my enemy is nothing but negative energy and we can't have that.

There is obviously a good reason that I am not friends with that person and if you are accepting of these issues than you are not the type of person that I want to be around anyway.

You gotta do something to me personally for me to stop being friends with you. Who that person friends with has nothing to do with me even if that friend is somebody I don't like.

there's prolly one person who i don't really deal with in life to the point where someone could consider us "enemies"

a homie of mines i was best friends with, we were essentially like red n meth...called each other cousins n everything....

well he had a few falling outs mid to late 20's....and don't deal with each other like that at all anymore...

around the time of my wedding, i got hit up about a townhouse we used to be roommates at...both our names were on the lease....after i moved out, dude stayed there 4 more years before leaving....but when he left, he just abandoned it.....so they were coming after both of us on the credit tip.....

well because i was in the process of cleaning up my credit, and trying to be a husband and father n shit...i went ahead and took care of the debt, but reached out to him, like... yo this both our debt,...at the least i need half that bread back....

nothing....

everybody told me to leave it alone... i had a family n all that, no need to get on no extra shit just because....stay positive and move forward....

fast forward like 2 years ago...i see dude flossing all hard on facebook as a debt consultant, or car salesman, or insurance salesman...or whatever he doing....all i see is him husting and flossing money....so i hit him up like....fam....i see you doing well, that's a blessing, i am too.....so ....about that bread....

this nigga.....

dude completely rewrote history in a story he must've obviously rehearsed and shared with other people...cuz in his mind, we were even......cuz i abandoned him at the townhouse....

i was like naw kid.....i said i'd take the electricity and cable/phone bill cuz they were in my name...and it's nothing for you to get them turned back on since you never had a account...both them shits were over due and in the thousands....

that was us breaking even...that's what we agreed on 10 years ago....this shit right now was what we agreed on 5 years ago to split....i don't know what justification you got in your head, but you dead ass wrong.....

so trust me when i say i wish you and your family the best, but if you ever see me again....you don't see me.....we done fam...

my wife felt i should take him to court, but i'm like the money he owe me is small compared to the inconvenience of going to court would cause me...and i'm never one to inconvenience myself out of spite....it goes against my convictions... i'd much rather cut that nigga completely off...

like niggaz wont even ask me about fam.....so i mean if u cool with him, that's your business....but i don't exactly keep a lotta people around me these days anyway...those crowds of friends was his things...so it was nothing to remove myself from that whole situation and just restablish myself with the niggaz around the way....

I have a brethren who I have known for 20 years and I was the best man in his wedding and we no longer speak. He lied on my name to save himself. He apologized but we can no longer be cool. We have a lot of mutual people and they don't know what exactly happened but they say we have known each other too long not to speak. But I can not be friends with you if you have no honor. I don't care how you live but if you mess up don't put anyone else name in it to help yourself out.

My circle of friends to small for me to have enemies.

Plus I agree wit Lurker about not having the time to study folks like that. If someone dislikes me or sees me as their "enemy", then that burden is on them. I don't have the patience and energy for all that.

Forgive my question but at what age do you stop having enemies. I mean I understand that some of us live a life where there has to be enemies but for the most part doesn't that get left behind. I can't remember who my last enemy was it has been so long.
The people I dislike/hate usually aren't in my life for long so I haven't had the dilemma of determining where mutual ties wanna stand.

If I have a low enough opinion of someone to consider them an enemy, there's probably good reason. so Ima take it as birds of a feather if thats the case.

always been of the belief that ur circle is a reflection of u.

Back