Welcome To aBlackWeb

Real or no? Will Smith slapped Chris Rock for joking about Jada at the Oscars

8uhw6z0uugq81.jpg

As a man who grew up in a family where the women out numbered men, I have defended those women with everything from my hands to bullets. Now that I've matured I can honestly say what will did was pure bitch shit.

His wife was not physically attacked, demeaned nor degraded. A joke was made where I believe chris rock had no idea of her non life threatening condition and simply was joking about her haircut. Will even laughed until he saw her reaction, then he had to save face. And that point is what we need to be discussing.

You know how many black men have lost their lives behind saving face? More specifically their misguided attempts at what they thought was protecting the women around them? Who taught them that's how you protect women.....the women that raised them did. We're so fucked up from lack of true male leadership that we don't understand protecting black women is more than just being an oncall goon. It's about leading, guiding, supporting them and sometimes even saving them from themselves. But that's only for the ones who want that.

This whole shit is stupid. If will would have slapped chris for a joke he made about him, then it would have been "will in his feelings", "will emotional" and "toxic masculinity". Or "black men need to do better". But because the boss sanctioned the hit, none of that gets said. One minute women are equal and just as strong and capable as men and don't need a man, until they want men to harm other men at their whim. Which one is it? This was words, not even words that required a physical attack at that. And for her to allow him to jeopardize his image and possibly be arrested goes to show how much she values him. You can't tell me if she said "babe no don't do it" that he still woulda done it.

Why are we so damn comfortable with the lives and well being of black me being disposable? That's wtf needs to be discussed.

Well damn. Good post brutha.

As a man who grew up in a family where the women out numbered men, I have defended those women with everything from my hands to bullets. Now that I've matured I can honestly say what will did was pure bitch shit.

His wife was not physically attacked, demeaned nor degraded. A joke was made where I believe chris rock had no idea of her non life threatening condition and simply was joking about her haircut. Will even laughed until he saw her reaction, then he had to save face. And that point is what we need to be discussing.

You know how many black men have lost their lives behind saving face? More specifically their misguided attempts at what they thought was protecting the women around them? Who taught them that's how you protect women.....the women that raised them did. We're so fucked up from lack of true male leadership that we don't understand protecting black women is more than just being an oncall goon. It's about leading, guiding, supporting them and sometimes even saving them from themselves. But that's only for the ones who want that.

This whole shit is stupid. If will would have slapped chris for a joke he made about him, then it would have been "will in his feelings", "will emotional" and "toxic masculinity". Or "black men need to do better". But because the boss sanctioned the hit, none of that gets said. One minute women are equal and just as strong and capable as men and don't need a man, until they want men to harm other men at their whim. Which one is it? This was words, not even words that required a physical attack at that. And for her to allow him to jeopardize his image and possibly be arrested goes to show how much she values him. You can't tell me if she said "babe no don't do it" that he still woulda done it.

Why are we so damn comfortable with the lives and well being of black me being disposable? That's wtf needs to be discussed.
See the source image

she said it was the first time SHE SAW IT..

dont mean it never happened but get the jokes off

I mean she said saw but it comes off as something different.

Like if it happened before something similar and she heard about it it’s almost the same.

But she was taking back by it.

I don’t care though. My pops never seen me do no crazy shit but he knows

Back