vs

Prince

Notable Hits

Purple Rain
Little Red Corvette
Doves Cry

I’ve got about all of both of their catalogs worth having

I love both but I enjoy Stevie’s music just a little bit more than Prince
I can respect this , I'm the opposite so for me I gotta go with the extra skill sets. There Can Be only 1 king so

Last edited:
I can respect this , I'm the opposite so for me I gotta go with the extra skill sets. There Can Be only 1 king so

Yeah I’m definitely not mad if Prince wins this round

and It’s a little off topic but while it’s on my mind... where tf is Issac Hayes in this? If we‘re including older artists. A lot of them I consider more soul than r&b but.... a good amount of samples that have been flipped in Hip Hop songs came from him

The only reason I voted for Prince is because he's more my generation.

Purple Rain came out when I was in 6th grade.

Stevie was kinda past his prime when I was growing up

I dont get Prince but i never did a deep dive on his discog

But songs like Red Corvette make me not wanna check if thats whats hot

I dont get Prince but i never did a deep dive on his discog

But songs like Red Corvette make me not wanna check if thats whats hot
Not tryna change ya mind, We like what we like. The dude has literally thousands of songs so. But let me put you on to Little red corvette game. He talking about running into a bad red thang, and smashing, and realizing chick is out there (thot life). Comparing her to a Vette, sexy , and fast " need to slow down". Made that ish a HIT played over the radio in the 80s and most people not even catching the meanings

Check for music from the early 80’s that’s when most of the best music was made as far as r&b is concerned. That’s when you still had the combination of real instrumentation mixed with some the new drum machines and synthesizers.

Probably around 85 is when r&b got kinda cheesy but it’s a lot of dope shit before then

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back