Papa's Got A Brand New Bag
I'm Black & I'm Proud

vs

Sam Cooke

Notable HIts

You Send Me
I'll Come Running Back To You
A Change Is Gonna Come

He 100% created funk. He created what we know today as Rhythm. There's music before JB and music after JB. There wasn't a bounce to music before JB.

Everything the band members did was directed and guided by JB album to a fault. That's why Bootsy ended up leaving cuz he wanted everything played how he designed it and Bootsy wanted to create his own flavor.

He 100% created funk. He created what we know today as Rhythm. There's music before JB and music after JB. There wasn't a bounce to music before JB.

Everything the band members did was directed and guided by JB album to a fault. That's why Bootsy ended up leaving cuz he wanted everything played how he designed it and Bootsy wanted to create his own flavor.
Word....

The Creator of funk

Most artists come from the tree of james brown. I felt bad for Cooke not making the tournament so I added him in there, but James is top 5.
So you felt so bad for Sam that you threw him in the lion's den? Goldie you the got damn devil fam :uknowimright:

We talking about influence or voice tho?

Cuz if we talking voice there really isn't a discussion to be had here... and I wouldn't necessarily put James Brown in the category of R&B.....

like y'all said James damn near his own category

James The Godfather of Soul. If you haven’t already watch Tales from the Tour Bus. All you need to know is in that shit.

Sam Cooke has the better voice

But James Brown has the better discography.

James Brown should win the entire tournament

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back