Welcome To aBlackWeb

Poll RD 1: Sandwich Madness: Reuben vs Pulled Pork✅

??

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
There's this spot down the street from my bar I work at on Charles Street called "Never on Sunday's"

Hands down best Reuben in the city. Turkey Reuben too. Like that's the hardest decision to make when there.

Anyway, I always knew about them.. It was on my bus route to high school. So we would routinely get off the bus too and from school to get sandwiches from there like the whole 4 years I was in school. Knew the staff n everything. Bunch of Greek folk. Cool as fuck....

Anyway fast forward to 5 years ago when I started working at the Brewery.... The same deli is open on the late night tip.... So I can get Reuben after my shifts if I want to.... Which are AMAZING after a night of drinking.

Let me tell you how good these sandwiches are..... unbeknownst to me, directly next door to "Never on Sunday's" is the oldest gay night club in Baltimore. When you go there on the late night tip... It's mostly drunk gays in that bitch....

First few times I was in that bitch waiting for my sandwich like ?
tenor.gif

But now I just be like fuck it, that shit homophobia or whatever shit is just stupid...

It's crazy... But my maturity, growth, understanding, and overall support for the gay community and all that shit is legit tied to the Reuben sandwich...

I really thought it was just working at my bar cuz they still come thru a lot.... But we really not a "gay" bar..... That shit next to Sundays... That's a gay bar.... And to get the greatest sandwich at Baltimore.... You gotta be comfortable walking right thru them drunk ass bar let outs at 2am in the morning....

Never once used the word tolerate

Niggaz see what they want to see

It's only close cuz people can't change their votes

Reuben is cool but its not hitting on shit flavor wise for a Louisianian

not many "quality" places for shit like that here anyway

I cook pulled pork all the time...from the pork butt, to the slaw, to the sauce

this would have tougher for me against chopped beef

I only got into pastrami a couple years ago. And I be wanting to really get into the reuben. But I can't fuck with the sauerkraut, dawg. I heard some places make em with Cole slaw or whatever. I'd maybe try that.

Hard decision, but i went with the Reuben. I hated them as a child but as i got older something clicked and the shit is absolutely delicious. Cant be buying one from some basic ass deli though, you need to get a quality sandwich with good bread and meat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back