Netflix Rapture (Hiphop Documentary)

this looks dope

Can't wait. Been looking out for this since it was announced.

If yall haven't seen it already, there is a dope documentary series called "hip hop evolution" that starts back in the 80s and works it's way towards today's hip hop. Pretty cool and informative.

Dope that rapsody has been getting more appearances in shit. Well deserved.

I've watched three episodes so far TI, Rapsody and 2 Chainz... Very good series and good production value. I like how it focuses on the character of the arists.

Reactions: rip.dilla
Seen this the other day. But wasnt really interested in any of the artists featured like that

Watched the whole series the day it was released. Even the episodes from Logic and G Eazy.

Pretty crazy about Logic's upbringing, i didnt think he had it as rough as he did growing up. The bad parts of Baltimore sound fucking nuts.

Really loved the TI Episode. I'm familiar with a good amount of his music, but had no idea about a lot of the activist stuff he does. Never heard anything from the Us vs Them album either, but the snippets they played on the show sounded really good.

Rapsody had my favorite episode, but she was also my favorite rapper on there.

The Nas and Dave East episode was cool too. I had no idea about that "Hamilton Mixtape" by Lin Manuel. It made me LOL because the only thing i know Lin from was Curb Your Enthusiasm's most recent season and i thought it was a joke about him rapping the songs for the Fatwa musical in the show, but he actually put together a mixtape for the hamilton musical and actually rapped lol. The delivery and lyrics were cool, but i dont think i could listen to a full album by Lin Manuel.

I hope they keep this show going for a ton more seasons and put some more focus on lesser known artists. Would be dope for a Run The Jewels episode. Have El-P go into detail about his early work and running Def Jux, then have killer mike go on about early days in his career coming up under Big Boi and Dungeon Fam. Also didnt put together that Killer Mike = Kill A Mic.

Wasnt both Logics parents drug addicts and his mom hated him because he was mixed?

Im not sure of the story exactly but i remember seeing him and his dad in an interview together and pops looked like an ex-dopefiend

Wasnt both Logics parents drug addicts and his mom hated him because he was mixed?

Im not sure of the story exactly but i remember seeing him and his dad in an interview together and pops looked like an ex-dopefiend
Yeah, both drug addicts. His mom would call him (Logic) the N Word all the time. Dad split from the family but reconnected with Logic once he was clean

In his episode he said his mom would beat him and call him "nigger". As if it's his fault she slept with his dad.

He said doesn't have a relationship with her til this day.

Rapsody got a brotha trying to dl her album. She oozes that essence of hip hop. Makes you nostalgic

Reactions: Lou Cypher
In his episode he said his mom would beat him and call him "nigger". As if it's his fault she slept with his dad.

He said doesn't have a relationship with her til this day.

Rapsody got a brotha trying to dl her album. She oozes that essence of hip hop. Makes you nostalgic

Definitely should. One of the best releases this year.

Logic is a deep cat.

Tip does alotta work in the community, jus not a fan of all the reality tv bs.

Gone check both

Anyone watch Logic's ep?

Man..... I feel bad for saying this but I tried to watch this guys episode because I heard a lot of things about him as an artist. His shit just didn’t interest me much and his whole fan base at the meet and greet just turned me off to the episode. Lmao. I liked when he talked about his up bringing and such but I couldn’t get through that episode.

I enjoyed Nas and Fave East episode even though watching it made me think Dave East made life harder than what it could’ve been for himself. I liked Dave’s mom and dad interviews a lot.

Man..... I feel bad for saying this but I tried to watch this guys episode because I heard a lot of things about him as an artist. His shit just didn’t interest me much and his whole fan base at the meet and greet just turned me off to the episode. Lmao. I liked when he talked about his up bringing and such but I couldn’t get through that episode.

I enjoyed Nas and Fave East episode even though watching it made me think Dave East made life harder than what it could’ve been for himself. I liked Dave’s mom and dad interviews a lot.

His dad kept it real as hell. Lol.

Imma fan of Logic. But he sounds annoying af irl. Like he is overly dramatic about every single thing. Every thing he does n says is life or death to him lol

LOL @ Jungle being the inspiration for 'One Mic'... And fable has it a lot of NaS most dopest of lyrics were Jungle inspired...

Unfortunately he ain't credible on the mic like his big bro

LOL @ Jungle being the inspiration for 'One Mic'... And fable has it a lot of NaS most dopest of lyrics were Jungle inspired...

Unfortunately he ain't credible on the mic like his big bro

"What if Jungle wrote my shit and I'm really illiterate. And the whole Nas catalog was just an experiment."