Welcome To aBlackWeb

OUT NOW Rapsody - Eve

Rate Eve

• Total voters
im no longer subscribing to there can only be one album of the year

we consume WAY too much music these days for it to come down to one album out of literally hundreds that are released yearly

I will probably do the best 5-10 albums of the year. Even if there are a hundred exactly, naming 10 is only 10% of that which is great imo.

So far,

Krit
Rap
Benny the Butcher

I'ma give Bandana a run this week

Reactions: 1/2
im no longer subscribing to there can only be one album of the year

we consume WAY too much music these days for it to come down to one album out of literally hundreds that are released yearly

I will probably do the best 5-10 albums of the year. Even if there are a hundred exactly, naming 10 is only 10% of that which is great imo.

So far,

Krit
Rap
Benny the Butcher

I'ma give Bandana a run this week

2nvgo46.gif

I hate this new way of thinking mfs trying to adopt!

Everybody can't be the best!!!!

Every rapper can't be top 5!!!!

Every album can't be album of the year!!!!

2nvgo46.gif

I hate this new way of thinking mfs trying to adopt!

Everybody can't be the best!!!!

Every rapper can't be top 5!!!!

Every album can't be album of the year!!!!
did i say that?

you mean to tell me out of hundreds of albums, ONE single album is going to be the best out of them all? I disagree with that logic. It's archaic. Music and the way we consume it has evolved

You act like i said I was gonna put the Quality Control compilation or something.

If you still subscribe to that thought, you are going to intentionally find something about a very good album to place it under another one. Why? You know how perfect a project has to be in today's time for it to be the ONLY album worth an AOTY nod?

So you mean to tell me that 98 is revered to be one of the best years for hip hop, but there can only be one album worthy of album of the year?? Nah b

did i say that?

you mean to tell me out of hundreds of albums, ONE single album is going to be the best out of them all? I disagree with that logic. It's archaic. Music and the way we consume it has evolved

You act like i said I was gonna put the Quality Control compilation or something.

If you still subscribe to that thought, you are going to intentionally find something about a very good album to place it under another one. Why? You know how perfect a project has to be in today's time for it to be the ONLY album worth an AOTY nod?

So you mean to tell me that 98 is revered to be one of the best years for hip hop, but there can only be one album worthy of album of the year?? Nah b

Everybody can't be first place. Just cuz an album is 2nd or 3rd best of the year doesn't mean it's not a great album, it's just not the best.

Remember when if you weren't 1st, 2nd or 3rd place you didn't get shit? Now these kids be getting 15th place ribbons and trophies and shit. Society is becoming more and more complacent with mediocrity. Sluts are getting celebration walks, being a drug addict is cool now, etc

This world is going to shit.

Everybody can't be first place. Just cuz an album is 2nd or 3rd best of the year doesn't mean it's not a great album, it's just not the best.

Remember when if you weren't 1st, 2nd or 3rd place you didn't get shit? Now these kids be getting 15th place ribbons and trophies and shit. Society is becoming more and more complacent with mediocrity. Sluts are getting celebration walks, being a drug addict is cool now, etc

This world is going to shit.
ehhh

so how do you give an edge to an album if BOTH projects check all the boxes?

You are going to say silly things like "well, i listen to track no 2 on this album more than i listen to track no.2 on the other album"

or how about this

you can still subscribe to there can only be one album of the year, and I'll subscribed to "the top ten albums of the year in no order"

deal??

Like when?

Whats an example of this?
how many albums in 98 check all the boxes?

I just stated 3 in this very thread that for me, check the boxes

Rapsody
Krit
Benny

People didnt like Daytona b/c it was too short, and that was one of the best albums that came out that year. Quality >> quantity

ehhh

so how do you give an edge to an album if BOTH projects check all the boxes?

You are going to say silly things like "well, i listen to track no 2 on this album more than i listen to track no.2 on the other album"

or how about this

you can still subscribe to there can only be one album of the year, and I'll subscribed to "the top ten albums of the year in no order"

deal??

Usually if I have multiple albums that fit the criteria I’ll just ask myself “if I had to pick one album to listen to which one would it be?”

how many albums in 98 check all the boxes?

I just stated 3 in this very thread that for me, check the boxes

Rapsody
Krit
Benny

People didnt like Daytona b/c it was too short, and that was one of the best albums that came out that year. Quality >> quantity

If u cant tell that this album is better than Krits or not idk what to tell u.

Whats next no allstar game becuz we all stars? Foh

Back