Welcome To aBlackWeb

Rappers That Retired With A Classic/Great Album

Snoop has done his best work with Dre and Pharrell.

I’d say he should do it was Pharrell on production since he’s more current. And have Dre as executive producer or something.

I know him and P did “Bush” a few years ago but that was backyard BBQ music.

Snoop too much of an icon to go out how he’s going out now though with albums nobody pays attention to.

These rappers haven't oficially retired.

Just rappers that left the game/lazy or tired to make another effort.

We can all agree that Hov left the game on a good note with Black album. And then he did it again with 4:44.

Wouldn't feel right if mchg was his last effort.

Which rappers left the game with a last dope album?

No we can't as both albums musically are below average

https%3A%2F%2Fimages.genius.com%2F2a106d5ca66fd8de121786fe7d0c61e6.630x630x1.jpg

Jay never retired in 2003 shit was all for publicity so he could take a break and smash the shit out of Beyonce, can't blame the guy.

Jay never retired in 2003 shit was all for publicity so he could take a break and smash the shit out of Beyonce, can't blame the guy.
Nah he got tired of the game.

Rocafella disbanded and he still felt the heat from ether. He wanted to go out with one dope album and had the concert fade to black and all that for it.

He took over def jam and had a hand in 3 succesful acts that are still big today (rihanna,jeezy and rick ross)

But then snap music came and he got fed up.

Jay electronica said fuck a classic album I'm just gonna retire with a classic verse

I played 'Compton' alot when it dropped but I havnt revisited it in ages, so I wouldnt say its a classic... Its like I wanted it to be doper then it was haha I would say it was dope though, just not a classic...

Last edited:
Back