Welcome To aBlackWeb

Rapper Kodak Black admits he doesn’t like his dark complexion

Race Jones

gangster. grace. alchemy
When rapper Kodak Black said he doesn’t like “black girls” on Instagram, social media erupted in a frenzy. Now, in a new interview he opens up about his feelings about his own skin color and it turns out, he’s not a fan.

He spoke with a reporter after the Master P celebrity basketball game in New Orleans on June 29. He was asked about his comments about black women and during the interview, he compares his preference of women with lighter skin to those who like women who are certain weights.

Amber Rose was saddened to hear Kodak Black’s attempt at explaining why he’s not attracted to dark-skinned black women. Although the beautifully melanated masses don’t appear to be tripping over themselves for a chance to date the rapper, his explanation shed further light on some clear internal insecurities.

Then in a strange turn of events Amber Rose was dragged by Black twitter for her only claiming Blackness when its "convenient"

Kodak a damn fool. I get that it's common for him to think like this and assuming because he Haitian he would be less on colorism was foolish on my part. But it's crazy how much press and how open he was with it. Like didn't even give the fake apology or

Kodak didn't wake up like that something happened to him to make him hate himself. Sad either way that it's his mentality now. As far as Amber Rose she's a culture vulture/opportunist suckering these rappers and piggy backing on the feminist movement for her own gains.

I understand why he says what he's saying. Homie from the hood in Miami, dark skin sistas in the hood tend to be more aggressive and argumentive. But there's a lot of sad and disturbing reasons for that. In the hood, light skin girls..come off as more easy going. Now like I said all of this has a lot of reason.

But dude strikes me as a surface thinker.

Not a fan but what did amber do to get "dragged" nh

She aint black
She's part black but u cant call her a black woman

And on kodak alotta cats say shit like that when i used to live down south.
Skraight tell u that they dont like darkskin women either though they were dark themselves sais it almost proudly too

It's heartbreaking to hear my people say they don't like their complexion. As a grown man this breaks my heart. I grew up around friends and family members who had and still have similar "preferences".

Growing up I had a dark skinned homie who used to say he didn't fuck with dark skinned girls because he didn't want a "black ass baby". We all would laugh. I would hear this from several people along the way. I wasn't aware of any social conditioning or self hate. But damn...

There's women in my family who have darker complexions who occasionally bleach their skin and prefer light skinned brothers. They view their redbone homegirls as dimes even if they're really like 3's...

In a way I understand tho. Society views darker complexions as more of a threat. In turn society as a whole treats lighter complexions of people with more kindness and are given more of the "benefit of the doubt". When I was growing up boys of every race were usually nicer to light skinned girls and girls of every race were usually nicer to light skinned boys. Sometimes it seems we clown our dark skin more than we celebrate it and nobody really wants or really likes something they get ridiculed shamed for, we want to keep things that we get celebrated for...

But in a day of social media we can definitely do something about it tho and apply solutions. We need to create more content with our dark skinned brothers and sisters as something beautiful, as lead roles, as vulnerable, and as being loved.

If you have a phone, a laptop, a cpu, or a tablet and some internet access we can create the content right now. I also believe it's very important that we regularly see our dark skinned sisters in particular rocking their natural hair.

We can continue to make content through blogs, vlogs, independent films, short stories/novels, podcasts, etc.

I hope this young brother and anyone with a similar pov leans to truly love and recognize the beauty and excellence in their blackness themselves.

I understand why he says what he's saying. Homie from the hood in Miami, dark skin sistas in the hood tend to be more aggressive and argumentive. But there's a lot of sad and disturbing reasons for that. In the hood, light skin girls..come off as more easy going. Now like I said all of this has a lot of reason.

But dude strikes me as a surface thinker.

I'm convinced you've never lived in the hood. This whole post is fucking ridiculous

Wale tried to tell ya'll on "shades"

thats some real life shit

funny thing with my wife being the complexion of a peelt banana my opinion really doesn't hold any weight....

but.....

i love my complexion, and i love dark women as well...but i always grew up in a loving environment where most of the women were loving as well.....a lotta the baddest, flyest, prettiest chicks growing up were dark skinned as well.....sure there were some pretty ass redbone....pretty ass redbone always gonna exist.....but there were just as many pretty ass dark skinned chicks too....

i really never put much weight into colorism, honestly because to my own person social experiences... it never really came into play much till i saw people on social media go off about it.....

i mean...i get it, see what people are saying about it...i understand the issue, i recognize the problem with self hate....

but i swear it still bugs me out, cuz i just don't know how niggaz fall into this shit like they don't got eyes......

too many dark and beautiful women for niggaz to buy into this shit....and i often been darker than many of my friends.....

like the three kids i played with the most cuz they lived on my block were lightskin....my main running buddy for my teens and early 20's was lightskin....and my bestfriend/big brother light as shit too.....

but i never saw their complexion as a plus or a minus,...they just were light and i was dark....shit never really held much weight to me

I think region and gender play a huge part in this. Like as boys and men colorism wasn't linked directly to how attractive we were and men don't much care about attraction as much as women. For black women skin tone is a big part of attraction and if you live in an area like Louisiana where light is right and the creole thing it can impact a kid.

Like me and the homies can make light skin darksin jokes about each other women don't do that shit period cuz it's a lot of pain with it I assume.

what he said made no sense

I think it does. I don't agree with the stereotypes, because they aren't organic representations and normally have complex origins when they are accurate. But to act like there aren't people that fit the mold isn't being honest.

I had a somewhat unique experience because I went to schools in the "hood" most of my life, but I didn't live in the hood. I lived right outside of it in a middle class mixed neighborhood. So if spend a lot of time in the hood and had friends who always lived in the surrounding areas. So I saw the bulls**t happening, I just happened to have adults in my life that made sure I didn't fall victim to it.

But colorism exists. And in these schools you got ignorance passed down from parents to children. These children spend most of their waking hours around each other, and the social structure in these schools shape their reality have a big impact on a kids self reflection. That is, unless they have someone to make sure theu know better. And a lot of them unfortunately dont....

Dark skinned girls are looked at as less attractive. Less feminine. Light skinned girls more attractive and more feminine. Of course it's not true, but if these kids believe it, they'll play that role. And the spell is so deep, thag even when they don't, people still expect it.

You got dark skinned girls/boys being teased so much, their guard is constantly up. So then theu appear standoffish or mean when that may not be who they are deep down. And vice versa you have lite skinned kids teased because of the insecurities of others. It's crazy, but it's reality.

I think it does. I don't agree with the stereotypes, because they aren't organic representations and normally have complex origins when they are accurate. But to act like there aren't people that fit the mold isn't being honest.

I had a somewhat unique experience because I went to schools in the "hood" most of my life, but I didn't live in the hood. I lived right outside of it in a middle class mixed neighborhood. So if spend a lot of time in the hood and had friends who always lived in the surrounding areas. So I saw the bulls**t happening, I just happened to have adults in my life that made sure I didn't fall victim to it.

But colorism exists. And in these schools you got ignorance passed down from parents to children. These children spend most of their waking hours around each other, and the social structure in these schools shape their reality have a big impact on a kids self reflection. That is, unless they have someone to make sure theu know better. And a lot of them unfortunately dont....

Dark skinned girls are looked at as less attractive. Less feminine. Light skinned girls more attractive and more feminine. Of course it's not true, but if these kids believe it, they'll play that role. And the spell is so deep, thag even when they don't, people still expect it.

You got dark skinned girls/boys being teased so much, their guard is constantly up. So then theu appear standoffish or mean when that may not be who they are deep down. And vice versa you have lite skinned kids teased because of the insecurities of others. It's crazy, but it's reality.

As a darkskin person, Im here to tell you your analysis is bullshit

Back