Welcome To aBlackWeb

Rank These Rappers Tournament (2005)

Wayne
Jeezy
Ye
Budden
Game

haha

this was around the time when niggazstarted trying to put me onto zro..

lol i just wasn't feeling it
He dropped his best album to me that year. Let the truth be told.
He isnt for everyone, but he definitly can rap his ass off, I wish he would get back to that and stop singing.

If you from the H and dont know all the words to this bitch, its time for you to leave

I fuck with Z-Ro just never tried to listen to a full album from him. Ima check out that album either today or tomorrow and drop my review in here.

shit used to be so funny to me too, niggaz be at the cookouts and some texas nigga always tryna sneak zro in the mix...

my ignant ass be like....

rckstr.gif

Wayne - Solidified what everybody heard from Wayne since The Carter the year b4. Agree whole heartedly, his "Best Rapper Alive" claim was hard to deny after this album.
Best track: "Hustler Muzik"

Jeezy - Man...this album here. Jeezy ran the southern hip hop scene with this joint. EVERY car on EVERY southern campus and block was jamming TM 101. "Im the realest nigga in it...you already know" I remember the first time I heard the album and that intro with the money machine and his "ayee" ad-lib... I just knew the shit was gonna be fire. I almost put Jeezy number 1 for the simple fact that this album is the foundation on which the "Trap" sub-genre of Hip-Hop is built. Tip may have coined the phrase...but Jeezy and Shawty Redd crafted the sound.
Best track: "Get Ya Mind Right"

Kanye - Like Goldie said....second album proved he wasnt a fluke AND he completely changed it up sonically. He also introduced the world to Lupe Fiasco. Just a great damn album and those "Broke Phi Broke" skits are still hilarious all these years later.
Best track: "Diamonds from Sierra Leone"

Common - Classic album from a classic emcee. Kanye laced him on production and Common murdered every track. My favorite album from Common. Although Common was already a respected vet...this album IMO put him in the space that he is in today. Be was a turning point in his career for sure.
Best track: "The Food"

Little Brother - DOPE. FUCKING. ALBUM. 9th Wonder, Phonte and Pooh dropped a certified classic. Words cant even explain how much I dig this album man. This was my second year in college and my tastes in music started to diversify just by being around so many people from different regions and backrounds. The message and concept behind the music is dope as well.
Best track: "Lovin It"

Wayne - Solidified what everybody heard from Wayne since The Carter the year b4. Agree whole heartedly, his "Best Rapper Alive" claim was hard to deny after this album.
Best track: "Hustler Muzik"

Jeezy - Man...this album here. Jeezy ran the southern hip hop scene with this joint. EVERY car on EVERY southern campus and block was jamming TM 101. "Im the realest nigga in it...you already know" I remember the first time I heard the album and that intro with the money machine and his "ayee" ad-lib... I just knew the shit was gonna be fire. I almost put Jeezy number 1 for the simple fact that this album is the foundation on which the "Trap" sub-genre of Hip-Hop is built. Tip may have coined the phrase...but Jeezy and Shawty Redd crafted the sound.
Best track: "Get Ya Mind Right"

Kanye - Like Goldie said....second album proved he wasnt a fluke AND he completely changed it up sonically. He also introduced the world to Lupe Fiasco. Just a great damn album and those "Broke Phi Broke" skits are still hilarious all these years later.
Best track: "Diamonds from Sierra Leone"

Common - Classic album from a classic emcee. Kanye laced him on production and Common murdered every track. My favorite album from Common. Although Common was already a respected vet...this album IMO put him in the space that he is in today. Be was a turning point in his career for sure.
Best track: "The Food"

Little Brother - DOPE. FUCKING. ALBUM. 9th Wonder, Phonte and Pooh dropped a certified classic. Words cant even explain how much I dig this album man. This was my second year in college and my tastes in music started to diversify just by being around so many people from different regions and backrounds. The message and concept behind the music is dope as well.
Best track: "Lovin It"
can't argue with that at all

Back