Fat Joe - All or Nothin
AZ - AWOL

Beans
Kanye
Wayne
Juelz
LB

I'll do a breakdown when I get to work later

I can't decide between common or jeezy for the 5th slot. 2 completely different styles, but both had major years and dropped arguably classic albums.

You know what I'm taking 50 off and putting Common on my list. The massacre wasn't all that good to me and Be is a classic.

Damn, I need to get jeezy in there. But lb had such a dope album. And I discovered them in the most hip hop of ways.

I was bouncing at one of their shows in bmore. Never heard of them prior. The spot was packed with mad black folk, and I was confused as shit.

Niggaz hit the stage and literally won me over as a fan due to that performance.

I bought minstrel show right then and there.

Tm1 was my favorite album aidin around 2006, realizing it came out in 2005 hurts.... cuz I wanna put it in the top 5 bad....

I might have to drop juelz.... but juelz album was in constant rotation the day it came out.

This is tough

Beans best album
Wayne and Kanye were in their prime.

Beans Wayne and Kanye are un fuck able with....

Its the other two that make this tough

You know what I'm taking 50 off and putting Common on my list. The massacre wasn't all that good to me and Be is a classic.

Funny shit is, I'm lookin at it the other way around. BE is a classic and The Massacre COULD've been a classic had he taken off a few tracks. But, he still had a monumental year and was easily still the biggest artist in the world. I gotta put him some where on the list.

I never liked the game.

But I'm willing to admit dude had a great album.

Its just that so many other great albums came out that year I don't feel bad for picking over him

1. Wayne /Tha Carter 2 - Classic, easily my favorite album from that year, from my favorite artist that year. This was the album when people started to take notice that Wayne was an elite MC. Before this he was viewed as a cool rapper with a couple dope songs here and there, but most wasn't puttin him in the top 5 convo on the east coast till the album came out. This was when I started noticing the band wagon getting fuller.

2. Kanye /LR - My favorite Ye album, timeless classic. Was just listening to this album yesterday and it still has the same effect on me. This album was perfection.

3. Budden/MM2- This was the album that made me put Budden into my top 5/10. I always fucked with Budden from the clue tapes, his triangle offense freestyles with Fab and his previous work, but this was the project that made me take notice, similar to how "Sqad Up 1" was for me with Wayne. He had introspective songs, storytelling tracks and then songs where he just killed the beat with bars, just an overall amazing MC.

4. Game - Documentary- Another timeless classic. Everything from the production to the bars and storytelling was A1.

5. 50 - The Massacre- I already explained why I can't leave 50 off the list.

Aye son eating cereal, I got time...

1_ be coming was a prefect album from beans. Dude matured his gutta sound and made an album that was like sitting on your uncles porch with a few drinks as he just gave you mad insight on the game and life in general.... fucking classic production. Lyrically superior to any one else in the game in my opinion. Feel it in the air was like the real nigga song of all time.... and for it to come out during the ROC split was just insane

2_Kanye proved not only was the first album not a fluke, but he was a movement. The ROC had nothing to worry about cuz Kanye was prepared to hold down the fort.

3_Wayne was distancing himself from the the field. Dude was an Elite mc, and the best rapper alive claim had weight.

I'm still stuck on 4 and 5

I broke down LB and jeezy already...

But juelz was special. Dude was on fire at the time .
I was highly anticipating his album and it did not disappoint. It blew me away how many people had no idea dope boy fresh was the movie fresh....the way he presented that shit was awesome

THIS was the song that instantly made me put homie in my top 5/10, I still remember the first time hearin this shit

Back