Welcome To aBlackWeb

Rank These Rappers Tournament (2001)

Goldie

and Baka's got a weird case, why is he around??
Site Owner
MCs Leading The Tournament Points Wise So Far

Pac - 20 points
Cube - 16 points
Face - 15 points
Jay - 14 points
LL/Nas- 13 points
Meth/3k - 11 points
Rakim/Tip/Biggie/Em- 10 points
Dre - 8 points
Juvie/L-Hill - 5 points

List of SOME Rappers Who Dropped Projects in 2001

Nas - Stillmatic
Jay-z - The Blueprint
Luda - Word of Mouf
Ghost - Bulletproof Wallets
Beans - The Reason
Ja Rule - Pain Is Love
Cormega - The Realness
T.I - I'm Serious
Project Pat - Mista Dont Play
Jadakiss - Kiss The Game Goodbye
Busta - Genesis
Fabolous - Ghetto Fabolous

I think after this tournament, we can do a "best album of that year" tournament for rnb.

Beans
Jay
Nas
Jada
Tip

I wish i could rank Jay and Nas albums even, cuz i swear they was like stone cold and rock that year with the rivalry.....

but i was in agreement with thisone line in ether "compared to beans you wack"....like looking back....niggaz laugh at this bar.. but this was a heavy debate amongst me and my friends in 2000-2001

mind you i'm a freshman in college......

and true to wrestling with stone cold and the rock going head to head, that's how it was with jay-z and nas.....they was the two heavy weights going main event, and both were at their greatest.....

however bruh.......in the shadows was beans...... Beans first album was damn near flawless, and this second one was even better.... no sophmore jinx....this shit hit just as hard if not harder...and beans was droping fires disses at jada who is also in my top 5 for the year as another artist who was spitting at a a ridiculous level.....

this was a great time for rap... cuz on one argument there was jay/Nas..then there was Beans/jada.....

and niggaz used to argue about what beef was actually better....

niggaz was arguing that Beans/Jada wa a more lyrical battle than Jay/Naw which was mostly shit talking......

like niggaz was really degrading two of the top lyricist of the game to shit talking because of the sheer amount of bars jada and beans was spitting that year...

let that shit sink in....

like I don't care how you rank those 4 dudes/albums for 2001.... because back then anyone could...and was making an argument for any four of them.....that shit was an amazing time in hiphop....

1. Beans
I always was a Beans fan, and I thought Beans was out spitting everybody at the time. i thought he was better than Jay, and i also was like Young Chris has the potential to be better than both....this was my mindset in the early 2000's

2. Jay
jay's blueprint was his 3rd masterpiece.....dude was really in his prime.....i go back and forth on what's my favorite between blueprint and reasonable doubt....i like black album better than both.....but blueprint was still Jay spitting at the top of his game.....plus the unplugged concert made me love the production on the album on repeat listens...jay may have lost the battle..but he put out the doper album on a very slim margin

3. Nas
This shit was everything...i mean there were a few tracks i considered filler, cuz I'm not a true nas fan like other niggaz may be..

but I still think 2nd childhood was one of the dopest psychological tracks ever...and rewind was one of the most creative tracks ever, even though i always was a jerk to point out the inconsistencies...but the dopeness was that it made me pay so close attention to his words....that song was like fight club or momento....shit was more fun on repeat listens...one mic was also a dope track....that beat was so sick....but then Nas lot me on shit like my country and the brave heart shit... just songs i skip through... there were a few oters i skip through.... but the top songs were still the shit..

4. Jada
Jada's top 5 dead or alive and that's jsut off one LP is such a bold claim... but bruh... this nigga really brought a dope album to make the argument.....Jada at his best he held his own with the greatest.....bar for bar... Jada is that nigga..... but I think there was a clear separation between him and the other 3 from this year

5 Tip. what in the whole fuck......this southern nigga is spitting like how niggaz from NY spit.... but not goofy like Luda... he real as shit and I am no officially a fan of everything he does....this is how i talked about Tip back then

Nas - Stillmatic
Jay-z - The Blueprint
Beans - The Reason
Cormega - The Realness
Jadakiss - Kiss The Game Goodbye
Busta - Genesis

You mind if I make what u said an article for the site? lol

"Why Beans Was The Best MC in 2001" or some shit

@King Du

The reason was damn near perfect. I dont think it was better than stillmatic or the blueprint tho

Beans
Jay
Nas
Jada
Tip

I wish i could rank Jay and Nas albums even, cuz i swear they was like stone cold and rock that year with the rivalry.....

but i was in agreement with thisone line in ether "compared to beans you wack"....like looking back....niggaz laugh at this bar.. but this was a heavy debate amongst me and my friends in 2000-2001

mind you i'm a freshman in college......

and true to wrestling with stone cold and the rock going head to head, that's how it was with jay-z and nas.....they was the two heavy weights going main event, and both were at their greatest.....

however bruh.......in the shadows was beans...... Beans first album was damn near flawless, and this second one was even better.... no sophmore jinx....this shit hit just as hard if not harder...and beans was droping fires disses at jada who is also in my top 5 for the year as another artist who was spitting at a a ridiculous level.....

this was a great time for rap... cuz on one argument there was jay/Nas..then there was Beans/jada.....

and niggaz used to argue about what beef was actually better....

niggaz was arguing that Beans/Jada wa a more lyrical battle than Jay/Naw which was mostly shit talking......

like niggaz was really degrading two of the top lyricist of the game to shit talking because of the sheer amount of bars jada and beans was spitting that year...

let that shit sink in....

like I don't care how you rank those 4 dudes/albums for 2001.... because back then anyone could...and was making an argument for any four of them.....that shit was an amazing time in hiphop....

1. Beans
I always was a Beans fan, and I thought Beans was out spitting everybody at the time. i thought he was better than Jay, and i also was like Young Chris has the potential to be better than both....this was my mindset in the early 2000's

2. Jay
jay's blueprint was his 3rd masterpiece.....dude was really in his prime.....i go back and forth on what's my favorite between blueprint and reasonable doubt....i like black album better than both.....but blueprint was still Jay spitting at the top of his game.....plus the unplugged concert made me love the production on the album on repeat listens...jay may have lost the battle..but he put out the doper album on a very slim margin

3. Nas
This shit was everything...i mean there were a few tracks i considered filler, cuz I'm not a true nas fan like other niggaz may be..

but I still think 2nd childhood was one of the dopest psychological tracks ever...and rewind was one of the most creative tracks ever, even though i always was a jerk to point out the inconsistencies...but the dopeness was that it made me pay so close attention to his words....that song was like fight club or momento....shit was more fun on repeat listens...one mic was also a dope track....that beat was so sick....but then Nas lot me on shit like my country and the brave heart shit... just songs i skip through... there were a few oters i skip through.... but the top songs were still the shit..

4. Jada
Jada's top 5 dead or alive and that's jsut off one LP is such a bold claim... but bruh... this nigga really brought a dope album to make the argument.....Jada at his best he held his own with the greatest.....bar for bar... Jada is that nigga..... but I think there was a clear separation between him and the other 3 from this year

5 Tip. what in the whole fuck......this southern nigga is spitting like how niggaz from NY spit.... but not goofy like Luda... he real as shit and I am no officially a fan of everything he does....this is how i talked about Tip back then

This synopsis is so fire tho. Got damn lol

You mind if I make what u said an article for the site? lol

"Why Beans Was The Best MC in 2001" or some shit

@King Du
lol, hell yea....that's cool as shit...i could go on and on about it too....

cuz beans was mysteriously absent from blueprint...

like the only feature on that shit was em... and niggaz was debating that em outspit jay on renegade...

Nas even said that much in ether.....like

ether was such a crazy track, cuz back then social media wasn't a thing.....what niggaz argued with their friends was pretty much as far as it went... and Nas was sayign shit in the song that niggaz was saying in arguments....

niggaz was like yea Jay nice, but Jay stay getting shitted on when he on songs with other spitters

Jaz-o outspit him on jigga what....Beans scorched him on damn near everything they did together, scarface was outspitting him on tracks together, biggie always outspit.......like niggaz was sayign jay-z only nice on tracks by himself....blueprint was him at his best, and eminiem murdered him on his own shit....like that was the jay criticism...
but again... the Jay/Beans collabo...

Compared to Beans you wack...

why woud one say this....

these are the list of songs that I can remember personally...with minimal googles that Beans outspit Jay.....clearly

Do it again-Beans
4 da fam-Beans
moneycashoes remix-Beans
change the game-Beans
reservoir dogs-Beans
where have you been- Beans
it's on-Beans
still got love for you-Beans

the only track i got jay outspitting beans on was that pimp track...

think it's a game to them things come out......

yea Jay got him on this track,,.......

but outside this track Beans was killing jay on collabos...Beans is like the most underrated great of all time....like he's undeniably one of the best to ever do it....nigga had one of the best flows and sharp voices of the game...losing a lung was hurtful... cuz everytime you heard a new beans song, he was still that nigga up until the shooting.....
man beans was a monster....

Bet, I'll figure out how to combine your posts together to make it flow together good.

The reason was damn near perfect. I dont think it was better than stillmatic or the blueprint tho
i don't skip any track on reason, i skip a few on stillmatic and blueprint when they come on the media player

Only song I skip on Stillmatic is Braveheart party, all the other tracks are flawless imo

like as soon as you hear the intro to this track.....man this how kanye got on too.....

this was a album intro.....like bruh.....when i heard this shit....i almost cried one time.....nigga had so much emotion in this shit....and this the fucking first song.....the intro.....this shit was my ringer man.....

listen to this shit......like how niggaz wasn't beans fns like i was i ain' understand.....

I changed my whole life.. in about 9 months, just like sperm in a womb
these young niggas never learn 'til they doomed
try to tell them "you can burn young punk, without smelling the fumes"
make you shiver in the middle of June,

paintin' pictures so vivid, you can hang it up in your room.....shine bright like a prism, displaying colors like Crayola
think of the prisons with straight soldiers

mannnnnnn

like how you hear this shit and it don't put you in a mood???
giphy.gif

Back