Rank These Rappers Tournament (1997)

Goldie

and Baka's got a weird case, why is he around??
Site Owner
Jan 14, 2017
The Burbs
Rank These MC's 1-5. You're ranking them only for the work they put in for the year 1997.

Rapper ranked at 1 will get 5 points, ranked at 2 will get 4 points , etc.

After we do one of these for every year we will tally up all the points , then rank the rappers according to points.

MCs Leading The Tournament Points Wise So Far

1. Pac - 20
2. Cube - 16
3. Face - 15
4. LL - 13
5. Tip/Rakim - 10
6. Nas - 9
7. Snoop/Meth - 7
8. Dre/Big - 5
9. 3k - 4

List of SOME Rappers Who Dropped Projects in 1997

Big - Life After Death
Wutang - Wutang Forever
CNN - War Report
Puff - No Way Out
Mase - Harlem World
Jay - Vol 1
Common - It'll All Make Sense
Camp lo - Uptown
Twista - Adrenaline Rush
B.G - Its all on u
Rakim - 18th Letter
EPMD - Back In Business
Hot Boyz - Get It How U live
Master P - Ghetto D
Bone Thugs - Art of War
Missy - Supa Dupa Fly
3 6 - World Domination
O.C - Jewelz
Busta - When Disaster Strikes
Wyclef - Wyclef Presents

Question, should we count the pac albums that came out after he was killed?

1. Biggie
2. Mase
3. Busta Rhymes
4. Method man/Wu Tang
5. Noreaga/CNN

U from the Chi nigga, no love for Twista or Common? lol

Common cool, I'm not a Twista fan and neither had a bigger impact than the ones I ranked.

1. BG - All on you
2. Hot Boyz - Get it how you live
3. Master P - Ghetto D
4. Jay- Vol 1
5. blank

Yea, you're not bias at all lol
i had wu tang forever and only listened to "triumph"

im going on the feeling i had at the time these projects were out

BG had get ya shine on and a bunch of other classic tracks. Production was FIYA

Ghetto D is probably No Limits highest selling cd and is crack from front to back. Not a single wack song on the album and has held up pretty good compared to a lot of other older no limit albums

hot boyz get it how you live had the whole boot on fire. "set if off", waynes "block burner", entire cd was piff

Mannnnnnnnnn aint none of them shits better than Life After Death and you know that shit bruh.

I'm not grading these shits like yall, I was a toddler when those late 80s and early 90s joints dropped, but I went back and listened to all of them.

Doing what yall doing it'll be impossible for me to rate Thriller with the other albums that came out that year.

photo evidence of my wu tang support during this era
831c.jpg

Mannnnnnnnnn aint none of them shits better than Life After Death and you know that shit bruh.

I'm not grading these shits like yall, I was a toddler when those late 80s and early 90s joints dropped, but I went back and listened to all of them.

Doing what yall doing it'll be impossible for me to rate Thriller with the other albums that came out that year.
the thing is, someone who was 15-25 when thriller came out might rank it differently than someone who wasn't even born yet when it came out...

that's just how rankings go....age and region will always play a factor.....

lol, you acting like those things have no consideration.....they're powerful as hell

Reactions: Goldie 🔫💰
the thing is, someone who was 15-25 when thriller came out might rank it differently than someone who wasn't even born yet when it came out...

that's just how rankings go....age and region will always play a factor.....

lol, you acting like those things have no consideration.....they're powerful as hell

Lol those are definitely factors. But how I viewed hiphop at 14 is way different than I do now. So at 14 a nigga's favorite rapper may have been bow wow lol, so should he still say bow wow was the best rapper in (insert year)?

i wasnt saying alla dat, just saying, wayne had EVERYBODY in middle school reciting his verses on "block burner"

nobody was checking for those other people like that

i didnt listen to life after death until biggie died tbh

Lol those are definitely factors. But how I viewed hiphop at 14 is way different than I do now. So at 14 a nigga's favorite rapper may have been bow wow lol, so should he still say bow wow was the best rapper in (insert year)?
you know what....

i'm suddenly pissed now that i didn't research what year totally krossed out came out....cuz that was in my top 5 for that year, and i don't even give a fuck......

that was prolly one of the days i was in the hospital with the wife