Welcome To aBlackWeb

RANDOM HIP HOP ISH

Fun fact:
I love when things come full circle..even if it takes 12 years....
So we were backstage at Rock the Bells in 2011 at Shoreline. Nas was the headliner, meth and red opened. It's an outdoor venue with a bunch of cabanas backstage and we were there as media cuz we had been tagging along with Redman and Dj dice filming for our lil local reality show all weekend. My connect had already plugged Red with some of East Oakland's finest purple the night before and I brought more. I was juiced that Meth was there to experience some cali fire too. So it's a bunch of people back there and it's the Bay Area so you know it's diverse, not just all black people. You would think that would put a rapper more at ease cuz he doesn't have to worry about nothing, but no, Method Man was on edge for some strange reason. When the blunt that I rolled came around to Red he hit it and passed it to whoever but when it came around to Meth he looked at it funny and didn't hit it and passed it to whoever cuz apparently he doesn't smoke a blunt he didn't see get rolled. And other dudes were there trying to get on meth good side by passing him blunts/joints like try this shit and he would take it reluctantly not hit it and pass it to the next man. The whole time he had this anxious look on his face. He was eyeballing everybody including me who's there with the fucking cameraman..like??? His vibe was just off compared to redman who was being redman. And remember dude is like 6'3 or 4, he's already the tallest in the room and he stands out anyway, so him being a Debbie Downer was kinda noticeable.. I remember losing respect for Meth as a smoker cuz I actually have never seen or heard of anybody acting like that over a blunt... but I get it, shit could be laced or whatnot but Red wasn't the least bit worried about that. Why would he really think a bunch of bay area minorities with special access are going to try to slip him something? I never forgot that because again his vibe was so odd it made me kind of look at him differently, but now after reading this article about his mental health and depression it all makes sense. He been on edge, that's just him. I guess he kinda fronts for the camera.

I feel like I got closure on that situation today cuz I never understood his energy 💡

I've been tripping off stuff like this since about 2020, watching The Fresh Prince reruns like damn this shit is 30 years old. Our 80s baby/hiphop Generation has to be the greatest of all time. Stuff that was cool 20 years ago is still cool today... but 20 years ago, stuff that was cool 20 years before that was looked at as ancient and played out. In 2003 we weren't playing songs from 1983 on the regular

Back